InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Exterminatus Now. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (45) « First ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Mass Effect 3, USE A QUOTE AND WHITE TEXT FOR SPOILERS
Pixellated
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 07:38 AM

Get that Friday Feeling

Group: Inquisitor
Member No.: 1,122

Dakatsu
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 02:13 AM

FLYING PRESS

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,282

QUOTE (Master Shake @ Apr 14 2012, 05:05 PM)
Banshees continue to find new ways to startle the shit out of me.

Firebase Ghost. I'm in the sniper nest, elevated above ground, protected by walls. She's on the ground level and I'm popping off shots while she charges around. And then she disappears. One second later, my guy is pulled into an insta-kill by that very Banshee, who had just Nightcrawler'd her way across 20 feet of open air and through a wall to be directly behind me.

Cheatin'-ass Banshees.

You think that's bad? This one time I was standing like 50 feet away shooting shit at her and then all of a sudden, my character just waltzes right up to her with me not able to do a damn thing. Fifty goddamn feet away and she still executed me with her bullshit move.
Blur45712
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 05:56 AM

Hunter by day. Racer by night.

Member No.: 2,384

Busy sniping from afar as a Human Infiltrator. "Scoped and Dropped" to quote my favorite Turian.

This post has been edited by Blur45712 on Apr 26 2012, 05:57 AM
Anon Jaxun
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 09:41 AM

Soldier of The Empire

Member No.: 2,331

QUOTE (Dakatsu @ Apr 26 2012, 02:13 AM)
QUOTE (Master Shake @ Apr 14 2012, 05:05 PM)
Banshees continue to find new ways to startle the shit out of me.

Firebase Ghost.  I'm in the sniper nest, elevated above ground, protected by walls.  She's on the ground level and I'm popping off shots while she charges around.  And then she disappears.  One second later, my guy is pulled into an insta-kill by that very Banshee, who had just Nightcrawler'd her way across 20 feet of open air and through a wall to be directly behind me.

Cheatin'-ass Banshees.

You think that's bad? This one time I was standing like 50 feet away shooting shit at her and then all of a sudden, my character just waltzes right up to her with me not able to do a damn thing. Fifty goddamn feet away and she still executed me with her bullshit move.

This tells me that in every Banshee encounter ever, I have been extremely lucky. I've killed dozens, only been killed twice.

Then again I run like a little madman when they appear. "OH GOD, A BANSHEE, JESUS KILL IT WITH EVERYTHING!"
Dakatsu
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 11:13 PM

FLYING PRESS

QUOTE (Blur45712 @ Apr 26 2012, 01:56 AM)
Busy sniping from afar as a Human Infiltrator. "Scoped and Dropped" to quote my favorite Turian.

Let me guess... you use the Black Widow, right? The N7 Valiant is superior by far.
Blur45712
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 07:35 PM

Hunter by day. Racer by night.

Member No.: 2,384

Prefer the Valiant over the Black Widow personally. Widow uses too many shots for my tastes.

This post has been edited by Blur45712 on Apr 28 2012, 07:37 PM
Dakatsu
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 12:39 AM

FLYING PRESS

QUOTE (Blur45712 @ Apr 28 2012, 03:35 PM)
Prefer the Valiant over the Black Widow personally. Widow uses too many shots for my tastes.

To be honest, I use the regular Widow on my male soldier. Adrenaline rush immediately reloads my current gun, which turns the regular Widow into a two shot sniper.
Anon Jaxun
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 07:28 AM

Soldier of The Empire

QUOTE (Dakatsu @ Apr 29 2012, 12:39 AM)
Prefer the Valiant over the Black Widow personally.  Widow uses too many shots for my tastes.

To be honest, I use the regular Widow on my male soldier. Adrenaline rush immediately reloads my current gun, which turns the regular Widow into a two shot sniper.

The adrenaline rush trick is extremely useful. It allows soldiers to utilize Sniper Rifles just as effectively as say, an Inflitrator.

I use it all the time during campaign. I haul around all the basic, stock-as-hell weapons, which gives me QUITE the wide array to work with, at a positive recharge rate believe it or not.

Making the Mantis a 2-shot-wonder is fun.
Dakatsu
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 09:09 PM

FLYING PRESS

QUOTE (Anon Jaxun @ Apr 29 2012, 03:28 AM)

The adrenaline rush trick is extremely useful. It allows soldiers to utilize Sniper Rifles just as effectively as say, an Inflitrator.

I use it all the time during campaign. I haul around all the basic, stock-as-hell weapons, which gives me QUITE the wide array to work with, at a positive recharge rate believe it or not.

Well, I don't use the Mantis. Not when I have the Valiant. The Valiant already rapes an assload.
Anon Jaxun
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 02:21 AM

Soldier of The Empire

QUOTE (Dakatsu @ Apr 29 2012, 09:09 PM)

Well, I don't use the Mantis. Not when I have the Valiant. The Valiant already rapes an assload.

It is nice, but heavier than the Mantis if I recall correctly.
Dakatsu
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 01:26 PM

FLYING PRESS

QUOTE (Anon Jaxun @ Apr 29 2012, 10:21 PM)
QUOTE (Dakatsu @ Apr 29 2012, 09:09 PM)

It is nice, but heavier than the Mantis if I recall correctly.

Just a tad, but it's still preferable over any of the single shot snipers any day. I even use it over the Black Widow. The reloading time is just super fast on the Valiant.

When it comes to Assault Rifles in Single Player, I have a lot of fun with the Argus. Which is a pre-order bonus. All you fancy PC pre-order people get the most bonuses....

This post has been edited by Dakatsu on Apr 30 2012, 01:27 PM
Anon Jaxun
Posted: May 2 2012, 03:00 PM

Soldier of The Empire

Aaah, the Argus is okay but I so hate Burst Fire. If it was semi-auto I would have fallen in love with it sooooo long ago, but alas! Same case with the Valkyrie, too. Oh so powerful is that little gun... And yet somehow as heavy as a god damn boulder.

When it comes right down to it, I think the M-77 Paladin is like, the best handgun, bar none. KA-POW! HEADSHOT! So many dead Guardians...

SO MANY DEAD GUARDIANS.
Dakatsu
Posted: May 2 2012, 07:34 PM

FLYING PRESS

QUOTE (Anon Jaxun @ May 2 2012, 11:00 AM)
Aaah, the Argus is okay but I so hate Burst Fire. If it was semi-auto I would have fallen in love with it sooooo long ago, but alas! Same case with the Valkyrie, too. Oh so powerful is that little gun... And yet somehow as heavy as a god damn boulder.

When it comes right down to it, I think the M-77 Paladin is like, the best handgun, bar none. KA-POW! HEADSHOT! So many dead Guardians...

SO MANY DEAD GUARDIANS.

lolharpoongun
Anon Jaxun
Posted: May 2 2012, 08:23 PM

Soldier of The Empire

QUOTE (Dakatsu @ May 2 2012, 07:34 PM)

SO MANY DEAD GUARDIANS.

lolharpoongun

Ah, so I hear. Yeah my buddies love using that thing. Haven't uh... Haven't quite gotten the chance myself, yet.

Gotta' say though. That Geth Plasma SMG is... Actually pretty nice..!
Master Shake
Posted: May 2 2012, 09:59 PM

Scootaloo! We have to cook!

Member No.: 46

QUOTE (Dakatsu @ May 2 2012, 02:34 PM)

SO MANY DEAD GUARDIANS.

lolharpoongun

Nothing makes the Mail Slot kill more satisfying than when what you're mailing them is a high-velocity piece of rebar.

It's a shame that gun is a pain in the ass to hit things with. Damned delay between firing and the bolt actually leaving the gun...
Dakatsu
Posted: May 3 2012, 04:16 AM

FLYING PRESS

QUOTE (Master Shake @ May 2 2012, 05:59 PM)
QUOTE (Dakatsu @ May 2 2012, 02:34 PM)

SO MANY DEAD GUARDIANS.

lolharpoongun

Nothing makes the Mail Slot kill more satisfying than when what you're mailing them is a high-velocity piece of rebar.

It's a shame that gun is a pain in the ass to hit things with. Damned delay between firing and the bolt actually leaving the gun...

I don't know, I seem to do pretty well with it. You'd think their armor is made out of rubber with the way they bounce around after I shoot them.

This post has been edited by Dakatsu on May 3 2012, 04:16 AM
Studio Asperger
Posted: May 3 2012, 09:28 AM

Badly-Drawn Idiot

Member No.: 6

Does anyone else have such bad luck with the whole lottery system in multiplayer? No matter how many credits I earn and how many Spectre packs I buy (I refuse to use MS Points unless I just have a few spare), I've never been able to get the Asari Adept, the Salarian Engineer, the Krogan Vanguard or either of the Batarian characters. It was only recently I finally got a Quarian Engineer (and I don't think her abilities are as good as the humans). On the other hand, somehow I did manage to unlock all the Infiltrators in one fell swoop after having unlocked precisely none of them (which is good as the human ones somehow got two of the worst abilities in the game).

Also, a lot of rumours are going around about the next multiplayer expansion, and a lot of people on the official forums want Protheans for multiplayer... which to my mind is one of the absolute worst ideas anyone associated with this franchise has ever had. It wouldn't be so bad if the multiplayer was detached from the single player (after all, in the Halo series, Master Chief's supposed to be the last Spartan but there are a lot more running around in multiplayer, which is okay as the multiplayer isn't meant to tie in to the single player). However, Bioware made the decision to directly tie the multiplayer into the single player, stating that the lore wouldn't be contradicted. Sure, some liberties have to be taken for the sake of multiplayer viability; for instance, depending on what you do in the main game, the Batarians and Geth may not be part of the allied forces, but it's not difficult to think of plausible reasons why some of them would sign up anyway. The lore gives enough leeway to let it happen regardless of your choices.

Protheans, however... That's not so much taking liberties with the lore, more like outright shitting on it. Even if they did explain it, any explanation they can cook up (and some of these "fans" have, such as cloning or finding a large stash of cryo-sleeping Protheans) is nothing but an enormous cop-out, utterly destroying the mystique of the Protheans, the scale of the Reaper threat, and destroying the tragedy of Javik's story arc

Christ, it'd be Bioware "pulling a Blizzard", putting something in because "it's cool" or "the fans want it" (neither of which are good reasons for pulling a stunt like this, especially the "fans" part) rather than whether it makes any sense in the context of the game universe.

This post has been edited by Studio Asperger on May 6 2012, 04:27 PM
Anon Jaxun
Posted: May 3 2012, 08:04 PM

Soldier of The Empire

QUOTE (Studio Asperger @ May 3 2012, 09:28 AM)
Does anyone else have such bad luck with the whole lottery system in multiplayer? No matter how many credits I earn and how many Spectre packs I buy (I refuse to use MS Points unless I just have a few spare), I've never been able to get the Asari Adept, the Salarian Soldier, the Krogan Vanguard or either of the Batarian characters. It was only recently I finally got a Quarian Engineer (and I don't think her abilities are as good as the humans). On the other hand, somehow I did manage to unlock all the Infiltrators in one fell swoop after having unlocked precisely none of them (which is good as the human ones somehow got two of the worst abilities in the game).

Also, a lot of rumours are going around about the next multiplayer expansion, and a lot of people on the official forums want Protheans for multiplayer... which to my mind is one of the absolute worst ideas anyone associated with this franchise has ever had. It wouldn't be so bad if the multiplayer was detached from the single player (after all, in the Halo series, Master Chief's supposed to be the last Spartan but there are a lot more running around in multiplayer, which is okay as the multiplayer isn't meant to tie in to the single player). However, Bioware made the decision to directly tie the multiplayer into the single player, stating that the lore wouldn't be contradicted. Sure, some liberties have to be taken for the sake of multiplayer viability; for instance, depending on what you do in the main game, the Batarians and Geth may not be part of the allied forces, but it's not difficult to think of plausible reasons why some of them would sign up anyway. The lore gives enough leeway to let it happen regardless of your choices.

Protheans, however... That's not so much taking liberties with the lore, more like outright shitting on it. Even if they did explain it, any explanation they can cook up (and some of these "fans" have, such as cloning or finding a large stash of cryo-sleeping Protheans) is nothing but an enormous cop-out, utterly destroying the mystique of the Protheans, the scale of the Reaper threat, and destroying the tragedy of Javik's story arc

Christ, it'd be Bioware "pulling a Blizzard", putting something in because "it's cool" or "the fans want it" (neither of which are good reasons for pulling a stunt like this, especially the "fans" part) rather than whether it makes any sense in the context of the game universe.

I truly hope they do not do that. That would be... Extremely undesirable.
Master Shake
Posted: May 3 2012, 10:24 PM

Scootaloo! We have to cook!

Member No.: 46

QUOTE (Studio Asperger @ May 3 2012, 04:28 AM)
Also, a lot of rumours are going around about the next multiplayer expansion, and a lot of people on the official forums want Protheans for multiplayer... which to my mind is one of the absolute worst ideas anyone associated with this franchise has ever had.

It's the Bioware forums. The land of Bad Ideas. Also the land of whining, hyperbole and graduate dissertations about what Quarian sweat must taste like (with scientific theory and everything).

For MP expansion, I'd like more enemy races. Like Mercs or Collectors.
Dakatsu
Posted: May 4 2012, 01:24 PM

FLYING PRESS

QUOTE (Master Shake @ May 3 2012, 06:24 PM)
Also, a lot of rumours are going around about the next multiplayer expansion, and a lot of people on the official forums want Protheans for multiplayer... which to my mind is one of the absolute worst ideas anyone associated with this franchise has ever had.

It's the Bioware forums. The land of Bad Ideas. Also the land of whining, hyperbole and graduate dissertations about what Quarian sweat must taste like (with scientific theory and everything).

They should add Male Quarians. I really don't know why they didn't add them in the first place.
Anon Jaxun
Posted: May 4 2012, 05:04 PM

Soldier of The Empire

QUOTE (Dakatsu @ May 4 2012, 01:24 PM)
QUOTE (Master Shake @ May 3 2012, 06:24 PM)

They should add Male Quarians. I really don't know why they didn't add them in the first place.

I'm kinda' digging that idea.

Yeah, Mercenary wouldn't suck. Give 'em the ME1 default heavy armor mesh, EG Blue Suns, and make 'em badass. And frankly, Human Soldier shouldn't have been defender armor, should have been Alliance trooper gear. But yeah, the merc groups could have...

Human Male, Human Female, Krogan, Turian, Vorcha.

I could totally keep going with this idea. Thoughts on abilities, anyone?
Lothar Hex
Posted: Jun 22 2012, 07:16 PM

Illogical

Group: Inquisitor Lord
Member No.: 3

Dakatsu
Posted: Jun 22 2012, 07:24 PM

FLYING PRESS

QUOTE (Lothar Hex @ Jun 22 2012, 03:16 PM)
Ending DLC is out on Tuesday.

http://kotaku.com/5920559/expanded-mass-ef...ming-on-june-26

I'm not getting my hopes up. I don't want to expect something better only to be shot down again.

This post has been edited by Dakatsu on Jun 22 2012, 07:25 PM
Pixellated
Posted: Jun 22 2012, 07:38 PM

Get that Friday Feeling

Group: Inquisitor
Member No.: 1,122

Well, ME3 is still installed, so I might as well go for it.
Studio Asperger
Posted: Jun 22 2012, 08:25 PM

Badly-Drawn Idiot

Member No.: 6

I'm not getting my hopes up for it. Explaining why shit stinks doesn't stop it from smelling horrible.
« Next Oldest | The Arena | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (45) « First ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1421 seconds | Archive