Cygnus-X1 Home
Home of the Star Trek LCARS Book & Episode Database & Rush Tribute Sites

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Cygnus X1 Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Cygnus-X1.Net Home ------- Star Trek LCARS Book/Episode/Blueprints Database ------- Cygnus-X1.Net Tribute to Rush

Click Any Image to Buy from Amazon.Com

|Visit the Cygnus-X1.Net Rush Store|

Your favorite Rush memories..., What is it?
Dangerous Mission
Posted: Jan 6 2012, 02:50 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,745

There are many, but my favorite memories go way back to 1977 to 1979. My friend Karen and I would play LP's in her upstairs bedroom. She'd put on a Rush album and play bass along with it. At the time, I thought that was so cool and so amazed at the music. She's turned out to be quite a musician. I'm so pround of her. smile.gif
Dingo3
Posted: Jan 7 2012, 08:59 AM

Member No.: 1,756

My favorite memory of Rush is a visit to the U.s. In 1980. I was lucky enough to be in San Francisco when the Permanent Wave tour came to town. Support band was 38 Special. It was a stand up venue, The Cow Palace. I noticed, after about an hour that no-one was standing near me. Eventually, a stoned dude sidled up and looking me in the eye, asked "Are you a Narc?"
Apparently my clothing, Australian purchased, made me look too tidy for a Rush gig, and they presumed I was on the case. My reply, "NO!!!!!!!"bought an instant wave of concert goers slapping me on the back, saying, "We all thought you were here to bust us man!!!"
RUSH by the way were brilliant. They have never visited Australia, which is sad, as they would sell out in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. I live in hope. ohmy.gif
devita2112
Posted: Jan 18 2012, 02:09 PM

Member No.: 1,764

Last year, traveling around London and listening to Signals in loop... it made me think of a lot of things about my life... The song Losing It touches you in so many different ways, the same with Subdivisions, Analog Kid, The Weapon (with that incredible drum pattern created by Neil)...

I don`t know, but there are so many different Rush styles among their albums...each one brings different memories and feelings to me...

But the the best memory (it's not just a memory, since I keep doing this until now) is to work all day, get home, smoke weed and play Tom Sawyer on drums... actually, I`m working right now and thinking about the moment later today...hehehe
tangentmusic
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 08:42 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,775

My earliest Rush Memory was seeing the "Fly By Night" album when it first came out displayed as you walked in to our favorite record store in So Cal in '75.

Another early memory was a friend of mine saying "check this out, man" as he put the needle down on "A Passage to Bankok" in '76. You can guess what we were up to..

But my fondest memory of the band was seeing them for the 1st time on the "Hemispheres" tour in '78 at the Long Beach Arena in Calif.

Many, many fond memories followed, as each new album and tour rolled around over the decades.
Dangerous Mission
  Posted: Apr 3 2012, 03:35 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,745

I have another favorite memory I'd like to share. It was on the first leg of the Snakes and Arrows tour in Las Vegas. I was quite high on a bipolar swing, weed, and some beer. I apologized in advance to those around me for being so 'up'. I remember accidentally knocking into this guy sitting in back of me; a big biker dude. He just shook my hand and said have fun. To the side of me was a Korean guy from Britian. He had brought himself and his young son. He had flown to the States to see Rush for the first time. We were instant pals. What a great time. The music was loud and so were we. I was absolutely beside myself. I was blessed to see Rush 3 times on that particular tour, and this was the first of them. I'll write more later on the other S&A shows.
« Next Oldest | General Rush Discussions | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1344 seconds | Archive

eXTReMe Tracker