Cygnus-X1 Home
Home of the Star Trek LCARS Book & Episode Database & Rush Tribute Sites

Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Cygnus X1 Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Cygnus-X1.Net Home ------- Star Trek LCARS Book/Episode/Blueprints Database ------- Cygnus-X1.Net Tribute to Rush

Click Any Image to Buy from Amazon.Com

|Visit the Cygnus-X1.Net Rush Store|

Time Machine Tour 2011, O2 - 25 May 2011
Mark Humphreys
Posted: Jun 4 2011, 09:20 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,724

Hi,

The sound where I was sitting (Block 420) was terrible (just a loud wooly mess of bass/keyboards and drums with no clarity at all), and totally ruined what I could see was another stellar performance. I was absolutely gutted, and left feeling that I hadn't seen the band.

It seems a large number of us suffered a similar experience, particulartly if seated at the sides, yet some have commented that the sound at other shows (Manchester/Birmingham) was excellent.

I know a number complained on the night and I have written to the O2 asking why the sound was so poor - I have been promised a reply.

So is it the venue, or is the sound crew responsible ?

I have been a fan for over 30 years and seen them 5 times in the UK, and recognise that getting the sound just right is always an issue, but this was the worst sound by a long way.

Wembley Arena (1988, 1992 and 2004) was not brilliant (too echoey) but in the main was OK, and the NEC in 2007 was a little better.

I would be interested to hear any views.

Regards

Mark
Slaine mac Roth
Posted: Jun 4 2011, 10:57 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15

I honestly think that a lot of it was due to the venue. I, too, was at the O2 and quite close to you (Block 418) and also found the sound to be very poor. In fact, I had to go and get my ten year old son (accompanying me for the first time) some ear plugs because he found it painful - not due to the volume but due to the way that the bottom end of the sound was a buzzing mess. However, two friends of mine were also at the gig. From their seats on the fourth row, the sound, according to them, was excellent. On the other hand, i attended the Sheffield gig the previous week (seated in a similar position) and the sound was even worse.

Although I'm by no means an expert in sound engineering, my conclusion is that the main problem stems from the high ceilings in the arenas of this type. To my mind, its logical to assume that the sound that goes up into these vast, empty spaces will be reflected back. Surely the simple addition of a false ceiling would absorb some of this sound and, on the whole, make the sound a lot better.

--------------------
user posted image

KISS MY AXE
Mark Humphreys
Posted: Jun 5 2011, 05:05 PM

Member No.: 1,724

Now that is an interesting idea - I wonder if anyone has thought of that at the O2.

So it appears it is stalls (if you are lucky) or forget it.
Slaine mac Roth
Posted: Jun 6 2011, 08:47 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15

Maybe this could improve matters

--------------------
user posted image

KISS MY AXE
« Next Oldest | General Rush Discussions | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1099 seconds | Archive

eXTReMe Tracker