Cygnus-X1 Home
Home of the Star Trek LCARS Book & Episode Database & Rush Tribute Sites

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Cygnus X1 Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Cygnus-X1.Net Home ------- Star Trek LCARS Book/Episode/Blueprints Database ------- Cygnus-X1.Net Tribute to Rush

Click Any Image to Buy from Amazon.Com

|Visit the Cygnus-X1.Net Rush Store|

What came first? Star Trek or Rush?
Jag2112
Posted: Dec 14 2004, 09:56 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

No, not literally what came first. But from a fan's point of view, I was a Star Trek fans before I was a Rush fan.

Now I'm both - which is probably obvious from the content of this site and message forum.

But did you know that there are actually quite a large number of Star Trek fans that are also Rush fans? Makes sense, of course... I mean, everyone should be a fan of both smile.gif

But actually, there are some Star Trek authors who are also self-proclaimed Rush fans that have worked aspects of Rush into their novels.

Characters named after Geddy, Alex and Neil have appeared a couple of times, and an upcoming novel by Dayton Ward is called "Where Time Stands Still" which he confirms was taken from the Rush song of the (nearly) same name.

And here I thought I was the only fan that thought about working Rush into a Star Trek novel... Star Trek: Cygnus-X1

One day...

-John

--------------------
rushen_trekkie
Posted: Jan 28 2005, 04:28 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 14

I've been a Star Trek fan for some time now... I spent 3 summers watching it whenever it was on during the day
And I've been a hardcore Rush fan for about 8 months now.

I never thought I'd find a place where I fit in so well...for fans of both ST and Rush!
Oceans Flow
Posted: Feb 19 2005, 05:42 AM

Member No.: 19

blink.gif I'm with this. wink.gif
Phaidor
Posted: May 3 2006, 11:59 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 77

Rush for me; I've liked a little of Rush and a little of Star Trek for as long as I can remember, but became a huge Rush fan just over a year ago, and only started getting into ST heavily these past couple months.
Excelsior 2112
Posted: Nov 4 2008, 03:24 AM

Member No.: 946

Rush first here!

I've known Star Trek for a while but never really got into it until pretty recently. I've been watchin the shows for little under a year now but have a full 2+ years following Rush's every twitch.

I dunno if I'm the only one crazy enough to notice but Rush and Star Trek share a lot of similarities (the end of 2112 and the Borg, the Cygnus X-1 saga and ST's space travel....)

--------------------
Ensign Morgan Bay-Cygnus
Chief Engineer
USS Tethys
http://usstethys.kersare.net/

Lieutenant Commander Celidon Rhulain
Chief Engineer
USS Pandora
http://s1.zetaboards.com/USS_Pandora
Val'ri_Raiajh
Posted: Dec 3 2008, 01:35 PM

Unregistered

I honestly can't remember anymore as I've been a fan of both Rush and Star Trek for over 30 years now.

I have done some Trek Fan Fic for a group I belong to, where I actually did work Alex into a story.

You can find the story online at http://www.ussdauntless.net/A-00-01_Chances.htm

Its run by a fan group, but I'm not trying to plug the group.
Maverick1971
Posted: Jan 20 2009, 04:03 AM

Member No.: 1,421

I'm beginning work on a Trek project myself, once my first screenplay is completely retyped from the 95-page edition I typed on a manual typewriter while my computer was down (shocking the ribbon held out that long). If anyone is interested, I'll post the summary behind it in the near future on my site and supply the link.

--------------------
user posted image
Excelsior 2112
Posted: Jan 25 2009, 05:05 PM

Member No.: 946

totally, man

--------------------
Ensign Morgan Bay-Cygnus
Chief Engineer
USS Tethys
http://usstethys.kersare.net/

Lieutenant Commander Celidon Rhulain
Chief Engineer
USS Pandora
http://s1.zetaboards.com/USS_Pandora
« Next Oldest | RushTrek - A merged fan | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1012 seconds | Archive

eXTReMe Tracker