Cygnus-X1 Home
Home of the Star Trek LCARS Book & Episode Database & Rush Tribute Sites

Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Cygnus X1 Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Cygnus-X1.Net Home ------- Star Trek LCARS Book/Episode/Blueprints Database ------- Cygnus-X1.Net Tribute to Rush

Click Any Image to Buy from Amazon.Com

|Visit the Cygnus-X1.Net Rush Store|

Remmember the Star Trek FILES MAGAZINE series ???
BLUEPRINT GEEK
Posted: Jun 26 2006, 12:46 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 90

I was wondering what they were worth to collectors today. I could put my hands on a few copies but im wondering if tis worth it?

Here's 2 links for those of u not sure what Magazine im talikng about:

http://www.well.com/~sjroby/lcars/schuster.html

and:

http://www.well.com/~sjroby/lcars/schuster3.html
Steve Roby
Posted: Jun 30 2006, 03:09 PM

Member No.: 116

Aside from John and me, I'd be surprised if there's half a dozen people who've made any effort to get Files Magazines stuff over the last few years, for a simple reason: it's crap. With a few noble exceptions, the Files Magazines and their successors in book form were hastily churned out to make money off of completist Trek fans. The Lost Years book is one of the ones worth finding.

There probably are a few that go for a few bucks, but I'd guess that's because not enough people bought them the first time around for there to be many copies circulating now.
kor
Posted: Jun 30 2006, 04:48 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 95

This Blueprint guy is the kind of guy I was referring to when I was talkilng about people trying to make a quick dollar off fans. Look, to fans, real fans, we dont care how much something is worth if we have it, and if we dont have it, we worry about the quality over price. All I have seen you do in this forum is talk about money this, money that, "how much is this worth John?", "how much can I get for this John"? And all around you dont sound much like a fan, unless your a big fan of the Ferengi.

--------------------
user posted image
BLUEPRINT GEEK
Posted: Jul 2 2006, 03:23 PM

Member No.: 90

QUOTE (kor @ Jun 30 2006, 04:48 PM)
This Blueprint guy is the kind of guy I was referring to when I was talkilng about people trying to make a quick dollar off fans. Look, to fans, real fans, we dont care how much something is worth if we have it, and if we dont have it, we worry about the quality over price. All I have seen you do in this forum is talk about money this, money that, "how much is this worth John?", "how much can I get for this John"? And all around you dont sound much like a fan, unless your a big fan of the Ferengi.

KOR that is really out of line.

KOR SAID:This Blueprint guy is the kind of guy I was referring to when I was talking about people trying to make a quick dollar off fans.

I SAY: I would never sell a blueprint for a "quick dollar". I am 2 much of a Star trek fan for that. when i bought my blueprints i came here to know what they were worth because i paid nothing for them, and i knew they were old and hard to find. If they would have been worth 20000$ then i would have surley considered selling them on ebay. But thats not a quick dollar- thats a 20000% profit margin (major difference) and KOR whan you grow up and have to pay for your own house food and toilet paper, you will realize what 20000$ can mean for you. Howeveer the blueprints are not worth 20000$ so we go back to what i first said so good bye to your first childich comment and on to no 2:

KOR SAID:Look, to fans, real fans, we dont care how much something is worth if we have it, and if we dont have it, we worry about the quality over price.

I SAY: How can you not care about what somehting is worth when your about to buy or sell it (have you taken an economics course yet KOR or are you still in grade 3?). O to your next stupid remark:

KOR SAID:all ive seen you do in this forum is talk about money this, money that, "how much is this worth John?", "how much can I get for this John"? And all around you dont sound much like a fan, unless your a big fan of the Ferengi.

I SAY: HOW DARE u quote me when i nver said those things. I never formulated those sentences, I never even knew the guys name was John until you wrote it here.
Next time you quote someone, make sure you dont invent what they said or wrote!. As for wanting to find out what stuff is worth, well i already explained that in my first point. and as for the ferengi, IM A KLIGNON FAN YOU IDIOT!

KOR, I WILL NEVER AGAIN RESPOND TO YOU IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. If you continue posting this kind of stuff towards me in the future i will simply not respond anymore. I will simply refer you back to this post. Your comments were out of line and i just DESTROYED everyone of your dumb remarks.

Good-bye for life KOR!

kor
Posted: Jul 11 2006, 02:28 PM

Advanced Member

Little history on Kor, I have had a job since I was 15, had my own appartment at 17, $550 a month to a 17 year old kid, working just barely the max legal limit for kids under 18 to survive, at 18 guess what, joined the Marine Corps, fought in Iraq, TWICE, to include Operation Phantom Fury(the largest urban operation the US has been part of since Hue City in Veitnam 1969) And am currently a Sgt in the Marine Corps with a house(own, not rent) Two cars(2004 Explorer and 2006 Mustang) so you see, I know a little something about money, and I know that there is no way some blueprint of the Enterprise, or some old magazine, is going to go for $20,000 unless its made of gold, and I am sure grown up enough to know what the hell I am talking about but thanks for your time you half wit, it has been fun. The only thing I added in your foolish questions about how much stuff is worth was the John thing, everything else is whats this worth, whats that worth. Doesnt much sound like a klingon fan to me, and I know klingon fans, I am a member of the klingon.org/smboard, but thanks so much for playing, I'll go ahead and give you your punk card back, it seems its charged past its limit anyways.

--------------------
user posted image
kor
Posted: Jul 11 2006, 02:28 PM

Advanced Member

Oh, I am sorry if I have offended anyone with my views.

--------------------
user posted image
markhenary
Posted: Jul 23 2011, 08:18 AM

Member No.: 1,729

I want to sell my house with in a month, how can I do that? I prefer offline and doesn't use property agent, but online selling is also acceptable! So tell me how can I sell my house at good cost and fast?

Sell House Fast
« Next Oldest | Star Trek: The Books | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1034 seconds | Archive

eXTReMe Tracker