Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.Learn More
· Register Now
|Welcome to Children of the Night. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
Children of the Night has moved to a new host! Find us HERE - we're looking forwards to see you there!
Member No.: 1
Joined: 25-February 09
|#1 - Respect|
- Respect each other, new as old members.
- Do not harass people about posting or making threads/plots with you. Remember that everyone have lives too, and that people do have the right to say no to a thread with you/your character.
- Do not PM other members about joining your own board. Advertising via the PM system will in the first round result in a warning, and if we find out it happened again - you will be banned from the board.
- We expect our members to be MATURE and ADULT. This means following all the above rules, and remember that we are all human despite it being a vampire board. Respect both members and admins, please!
- Despite this being a 'mature' board, it is not a cyber sex/porn board. If all you want is to rp such things, please do so on another board.
|#2 – Signing Up and Characters|
- This board is APC - Account Per Character.
- Join with your character’s full name or what they’re usually called.
- No characters above 2500 years of age. Please read the Vampire Ages thread for more information.
- No characters physically or biologically under the age of 16 - read more in the FAQ thread.
- New members must have at least 30 posts with their first character, before they're allowed to create more. After that, they can create as many as they like, and do not need to reach a certain post count first.
- You can have as many characters you want on this board, just make sure you do not create more characters than you can handle. Admins do keep an eye on all members.
- When creating a vampire, please make sure to read the Vampire Information we have here.
- Humans are merely humans on this board, they DO NOT have superpowers like Buffy, Faith or Blade. On this board, only vampires are supernatural beings. That means you can only make a vampire or a human.
- Play-By Rules can be found HERE.
- Godmoding/Powerplaying is not allowed. Always ask the other part, if it’s okay to move them or hurt them in any way.
|#3 – Role-Playing|
- The role-play on CotN is in third person, past tense; only in journals and letters may you write in first person present tense.
- Try to reach 200 words in your IC posts. It is not a requirement, but just to make sure everyone remembers that this is not a one-liner board and should not become one either.
- NEVER plot around other people's characters... if you plan a plot that's going to have an effect on another person's character, always be sure to talk to the handler first. They may want in, but they may also not. Make sure everyone is ok with the plot you're about to start.
- There will be activity checks, usually once every month. If you don't respond to two activity checks in a row, or we hear nothing from you for one month (As in posting in the absent forum) we will delete you without warning. Deleted character profiles are moved to the folder in the bottom of the front page.
- If you are active, but at the same time with a character holding an avatar/playby but do not use the character for one month or more, the avatar will be up for the taking for others, and the account may be deleted.
|#4 – Rating & Swearing|
- CotN uses the RPG Rating System - our rating according to this system, is the following: (Posted Image)
Explanations for the rating:
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse and the f-word is not to be used excessively.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or 'mature' tagging are recommended.
Violence 3: Anything goes. There are no restrictions on what violence may occur or how it is described.
- Try to keep the sex to a minimum; this is not a porn board. Sex happens between characters though, but this does not mean it has to be played out in detail. Please also read about the Fade to Black policy too.
|#5 – OOC Cbox|
- Don't complain about or harass other members or characters in the cbox - take it to IMs. Should you find yourself in a position where you and the other party cannot work it out, bring it to the attention of any of the Admins.
- Do not use the c-box to rush an Admin to accept your character or another idea you had; we will get to it ASAP. Send us a PM if it takes days before anything happens.
- The c-box is for fun talk and getting to know each other. We also like to use it to talk to prospective members. Keep this in mind when you chat - we don't want new members scared away.
- Do not use the c-box for advertising another board or for complaining about this board, other members/characters or other boards.
|#6 – Graphics|
- Avatars can be no larger then 150x200.
- Signatures are to be no bigger then 500 x 300. This means it can be no taller then 300 and no wider then 500. Your signature must not stretch the board.
- Signatures and avatars must be plain pictures - we don't want small movies, animated gif's or blinkies.
- No icon or signature may have explicit material such as sex [or blantant hints to sex], entirely nude pictures/pornography or any links to such sites. Make sure the pictures you use, shows a person who's at least got the most 'important' parts covered.
- No links to other boards in your signature; we have a forum for advertising so use that.
|#7 – Admins and Copyright/Disclaimer|
- The Admins are Atrice, Savvy, Isi and Sparky.
- First and foremost, know that the admins are here for YOU. If there is any problem with any member on the board, always PM any of us first. Don't make a post about a problem unless you talked with us first.
- Although our decision is final we are human just like you. Our aim in creating this board is for you guys to have fun and make friends.
- This site is not made for earning money. This is created by creative people, to be a place to have fun and enjoy yourself with writing.
- We do not own any movie or book characters that may come into play on this board. This post has been edited by Atrice on Jan 25 2011, 09:24 PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
|isi made this|