Banner by Jessica (jessicaelaine08)

Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Castle's Capers. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (14) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Castle Music, A list of the songs used in the show
MichyGeary
  Posted: Mar 30 2009, 08:33 AM

Writer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 19

In this thread, you'll find a complete list of the music used in Castle and the promos. All of our members contribute frequently to the hunt for the more obscure ones.

Our main source is the official ABC Music Lounge for Castle, but the site often is incomplete or inaccurate. This page is all inclusive and as accurate as possible, with links to where you can read lyrics or stream/buy the song.

Songs in green are as yet unidentified!

If you know them or want to help in the search, please post any information that would be helpful! Thanks. biggrin.gif And of course, if I've missed any, let me know. All the songs will have links to lyrics, listen, and buy if they are available. When a new episode comes out, I will keep this first post updated as well as make a new post to bump with what information is new.

QUOTE (All Unidentified Music)
2x06
*Castle and Beckett visit Vixen's coven
*Castle and Beckett interrogate Vixen
*Castle and Alexis carve pumpkins
("It was Halloween night at the Castle hall, and everybody came to the monster's ball...")

2x13
*Blood in the paint (intro) - unknown

QUOTE (All Missing Links)
-On My Way by Leslie F. Summerfield, Thomas J. Regis
-Don’t Dig Nuttin’ by McIntosh/Charles
-50-96 by Charles Fearing
-Twinkle Twinkle Little Star by PD
-Starting All Over Again by Opus 1
-With You by Graham Colton
-Sleep Comes Lately by Malpais
-Slow Down by The Dry Spells
-Time After Time by Session 5
-Looks Like Heaven by Session 5
-Into The Blue by Sara Jackson-Holman

QUOTE (Season One Soundtrack)
Click here to download the ZIP file.
-44 files.
-133.59 MB.
-All title, artist, album, lyrics, art data updated.
-Multiple versions of some songs (extended/censored/instrumental, etc)
Link updated 4/13/2010

Music (by episode) in chronological order

QUOTE (Episode 1x01 - Flowers For Your Grave)
*Castle's book signing (pseudo-intro) - When I Grow Up by The Pussycat Dolls | Lyrics, Listen
*Castle reproaches his mother for talking to Gina (at the party) - Hell In A Handbag by Dublex Inc.
*Castle and Beckett say goodbye (pseudo-outro) - Stop and Stare by OneRepublic | Lyrics, Listen

QUOTE (Episode 1x02 - Nanny McDead)
*Sarah's ringtone (intro) - So What by P!nk | Lyrics, Listen
*Alexis wonders why she never had a nanny - I Feel Naked Without My Cell Phone by Two Hours Traffic | Listen
*Castle/Alexis (outro) - Come On In by Tommy Fields Lyrics, Listen, Buy

QUOTE (Episode 1x03 - Hedge Fund Homeboys)
*Donny's body (intro) - Jezebel by Two Hours Traffic | Lyrics, Listen
*Castle's ringtone for Beckett - Toccata and Fugue in D Minor by Bach
*Castle wakes Alexis up (drug interrogation) - Graceland '02 by Brighton, MA (Matthew Kerstein) | Listen
*Alexis wakes Castle up (Turnstyle confession) - Buy Your Side by Alex & Sam | Listen
*Martha's party (outro) - Food Chain by Eric Hutchison | Lyrics, Listen

QUOTE (Episode 1x04 - Hell Hath No Fury)
*Horn's body (intro) - You're Supposed To Be My Friend by 1990s | Lyrics, Listen, Free Download
*Castle's ringtone for Martha - Walkürenritt by Richard Wagner | Listen
*Castle/Beckett interview Creason for the first time - Quasi-Jazz by Solamingus
*Onion goggles/Martha reads a review - Love Song by Annie Stela | Lyrics, Listen
*Castle meets Tiffany – On My Way by Leslie F. Summerfield, Thomas J. Regis
*Beckett tells Castle to change the name (outro) - If I Don't by Amp Fiddler Featuring Corinne Bailey Rae | Lyrics, Listen

QUOTE (Episode 1x05 - A Chill Runs Through Her Veins)
*Melanie's body (intro) - Beggar's Prayer by Emiliana Torrini | Lyrics, Listen, Buy
*Castle/Beckett interrogate Sloan - This Old Farmhouse by Scott MacLeod | Free Download
*Beckett calls her dad, Castle looks at her mother's file (outro) - No Envy, No Fear by Joshua Radin | Lyrics, Listen

QUOTE (Episode 1x06 - Always Buy Retail)
*Castle and Meredith have sex (pseudo-intro) - Nitro by Dick Dale | Listen
*Ryan and Esposito examine the knock-offs - Don’t Dig Nuttin’ by McIntosh/Charles
*Alexis loves mom (pseudo-outro) - Make You Crazy by Brett Dennen Feat. Femi Kuti | Lyrics, Listen
*Meredith says goodbye (outro) - 1, 2, 3, 4 by the Plain White T's | Lyrics, Listen

QUOTE (Episode 1x07 - Home Is Where The Heart Stops)
*The body is found in the safe (intro) - Birds of a Feather by The Rosenbergs | Lyrics, Listen
*Castle looks at the photos at home  - Without You I'm by Chris Falson | Buy/Listen
*Castle and Beckett arrive at the event - Wonderful Night by Fatboy Slim | Lyrics, Listen
*Charity event background music - You're The One For Me by Joel Evans and Patrick Maier (instrumental) | Listen (search Joel Evans)
*Castle hums dramatic music in the car - Instrumental by Robert Duncan
*Beckett returns Martha's necklace (outro) - No Escape by Civalias | Listen

QUOTE (Episode 1x08 - Ghosts)
*Alison's body is found (intro) - Move You by Anya Marina | Lyrics, Listen
*Castle and Beckett play poker for gummy bears (outro) - Rich Girls by The Virigins | Lyrics, Listen

QUOTE (Episode 1x09 - Little Girl Lost)
*Beckett has a date (outro) - Get What I Want by Bitter:Sweet | Lyrics, Listen

QUOTE (Episode 1x10 - A Death in the Family)
*Leeds's body (intro) - Pack Up Your Troubles In Your Old Kit Bag by Minnutes | Listen
*Alexis shops for a dress - Please Don’t Go by Tyler Lane | Listen
*Castle meets Sal - She Back by Bosshouse | Listen
*Alexis leaves for prom - Red Balloon by Alexis Harte | Listen
*Alexis returns from prom - More to Luv by Minnutes | Listen
*Radio music in Sorenson's hospital room (pseudo-outro) - Comes and Goes (in Waves) by Greg Laswell | Lyrics, Listen, Buy

QUOTE (Episode 2x01 - Deep In Death)
*Castle's photoshoot (intro) - Can I Get Get Get by Junior Senior | Listen
*NYPD busts some small time drug dealers - Highschool Hoodlums by The Datsuns | Listen
*Castle enters the underground poker game - River To Your Soul by DJ Dimi | Listen
*Castle get deeper into underground poker game - 50-96 by Charles Fearing
*Castle apologizes (outro) - My Fault, Your Mistake by Lex Land | Listen

QUOTE (Episode 2x02 - The Double Down)
*The NYPD full moon circus (intro) - Who Taught You To Live Like That by Sloan | Lyrics, Listen
*Castle and Beckett argue with the boys over who won the bet (outro) - We Are Not The Losers (Anymore) by Actionslacks | Buy, Listen

QUOTE (Episode 2x03 - Inventing the Girl)
*A couple skinny dips in a fountain and discovers a dead body (intro) - We Swing by Jaconfetti | Listen
*Castle and Beckett interrogate Teddy Farrow at his show - My Personal Moon by Madison Park | Listen
*Castle and Beckett interrogate Wyatt Monroe at his photoshoot - Brainwashed by Ultraviolet Sound
*Castle and Beckett interrogate Rina about Sierra - So Thankful (Original Instrumental Mix) by Mahjong & D'Layna | Buy/Listen
*Castle consoles Martha who misses her youthful career - Friends Indeed by Chad Hannah | Buy/Listen
*Martha announces the play change, Rina arrives to hang with Alexis (outro) - Heart Place by Lindsay Katt | Buy/Listen

QUOTE (Episode 2x04 - Fool Me Once)
*First graders watch the live stream (intro) - Factories by Winter Gloves | Listen (album), Listen (live)
*Beckett in the bath tub with Heat Wave and wine - Can't Stop by Mozella | Listen
*Castle and Alexis leave for dinner due to Martha's violin lesson (outro) - Twinkle Twinkle Little Star by PD

QUOTE (Episode 2x05 - When The Bough Breaks)
*Paula arrives at Castle's (intro) - Fever's Burning Up by Alyx | Buy
*Alexis asks if Taylor can come to the party - Sunk A Few by Derby | Listen
*Heat Wave book launch party - Everybody Loves Me by OneRepublic | Listen
*Beckett arrives at the party - Do What U Like by Bad Boy Bill | Listen
(used somewhere?) Rocket by El Presidente (unconfirmed)

QUOTE (Episode 2x06 - Vampire Weekend)
*Mal intro - Reality Check by Salme Dahlstrom | Buy/Listen
*Castle and Beckett visit the Fang Master - Easily Amused by Lobster | Free Download
*Castle and Beckett visit Vixen's coven
*Castle and Beckett interrogate Vixen
*Castle and Alexis carve pumpkins
("It was Halloween night at the Castle hall, and everybody came to the monster's ball...")

*Castle consoles Alexis over Fagen - Small Hands by Barrett Johnson | Buy, Listen
*Castle's Halloween party - Pure Pleasure Seeker by Moloko | Listen

QUOTE (Episode 2x07 - Famous Last Words)
*Castle plays Guitar Hero/Rock Band - Dancing With Myself by Billy Idol | Lyrics, Listen
*Hayley Blue's iPod at the crime scene/music video - Here Kitty Kitty by Anna Waronker
*Castle and Beckett find Sky Blue at the morgue - Underground by Anna Waronker
*Castle and Beckett interrogate Sky Blue - Underground (Acoustic Instrumental) by Anna Waronker
*Hayley's final song live - Threshold (Acoustic Version) by Anna Waronker
*Sky replaces Hayley in The Blue Pill at Hayley's tribute concert - Threshold (Sky Blue Band Version) by Anna Waronker

QUOTE (Episode 2x08 - Kill The Messenger)
*The messenger is intercepted (intro) - On Fire by Locksley | Listen/Buy
*Martha is off for a date (outro) - C'mon Y'all by Salme Dahlstrom | Buy, Listen

QUOTE (Episode 2x09 - Love Me Dead)
*A couple argues in the parking garage (intro) - Now We Can See by The Thermals | Listen
*The bar fight - Love Fire by The Emeralds | Listen
*The road-trip with Norman Jessup - Winner by Swingfly | Listen
*Castle and Beckett try to question John Knox - Madly In Action by The Shys | Listen
*Alexis tells her father about the foreign exchange program (outro) - Everyday by Vetiver | Listen, Free download

QUOTE (Episode 2x10 - One Man's Treasure)
*Woman throws out pizza box (intro) - Crush On You by Brakesbrakesbrakes | Free download
*Castle prepares dinner - The Calculation by Regina Spektor | Lyrics
*Alexis returns the photos (outro) - Fact Fiction by Mads Langer | Lyrics | Listen

QUOTE (Episode 2x11 - The Fifth Bullet)
*Alexis and Martha eat ice cream - All We Need Is Love by Jenni Alpert | Listen
*Castle and Martha bond over the dead rose (outro) - Chin Up by Amy Stroup | Listen or Listen

QUOTE (Episode 2x12 - A Rose For Everafter)
*Sofie is missing (intro) - Take A Chance by The Magic Numbers | Listen
*Kyra and Greg get married (outro) - Love Song by Golden State feat. Holly Conlan (vocals) | Listen

QUOTE (Episode 2x13 - Sucker Punch)
*Blood in the paint (intro) - unknown
*Castle and Beckett go to Finn's pub - We All Go Down As One by Bosshouse | Listen
*Castle and Beckett return to the pub - Chip by Real McKenzies | Listen
*Beckett tries to resuscitate Coonan (outro) - The End by Pearl Jam | Listen, Lyrics

QUOTE (Episode 2x14 - The Third Man)
*Dysons return home from vacation (intro) - Trading Things In by The Voluntary Butler Scheme | Listen
*Castle reads about himself in the New York Ledger -
*Castle dresses for his date with number three - Dream A Better Way by Tim Hanauer | Listen*Beckett & Castle arrive at the same restaurant - Across Waters by Channel Two | Listen
*Beckett & Castle on their double date - Cold Turkey by Linear B | Listen

QUOTE (Episode 2x15 - Suicide Squeze)
*Beckett/Castle talk with Tommy Zane - I Get Around by Dragonette | Listen, Free download
*Alexis and Castle play catch (outro) - Whole Again by All Night Chemists | Listen

QUOTE (Episode 2x16 - The Mistress Always Spanks Twice)
*Runner finds the dead body (intro) - Patterns by Band of Skulls | Listen
*Ryan and Esposito research custom bondage - Standalone by Ghost In The Machine | Listen
*Castle and Beckett go to the leather shop - Save Me by Carnaby | Listen
*Castle and Beckett go to the House of Pain - Super Conductor by Beautiful Small Machines | Listen
*Castle looks at dominatrix photos at home - Asphyxia by Noirhaus | Listen
*Ryan and Esposito go back to the House of Pain - Red Lips & Fingertips by The Come Ons | Listen
*Picture Perfect by Lindsey Ray | Listen, Free download
*Starting All Over Again by Opus 1

QUOTE (Episode 2x17 - Tick Tick Tick...)
*Castle tells Beckett about the Heat Wave movie (intro) - 7 Stars by The Apples In Stereo | Lyrics, Listen

QUOTE (Episode 2x18 - Boom!)
*Castle & Beckett talk to the bartender and get a lead - We Awright by The Genders | Listen/Download

QUOTE (Episode 2x19 - Wrapped Up In Death)
*At the loft, Castle and Alexis make a salad and plan to go to the zoo on the weekend (outro) - Love Is Endless by Mozella

QUOTE (Episode 2x20 - The Late Shaft)
*Castle's cell phone ring tone for Ellie - How Much I Feel by Ambrosia/David Pack | Lyrics, Listen
*Angel at the comedy club talks about her motorcycle being vandalized - Turn Around by Soul P | Listen/Download
*Alexis returns from her backpacking trip (outro) - With You by Graham Colton

QUOTE (Episode 2x21 - Den of Thieves)
*Beckett works the punching bag (intro) - Not Bad At All by Steve McDonald and Anna Waronker | Listen
*Ike reunited with family, Castle watches Beckett/Demming (outro) - Unthought Known by Pearl Jam | Free download

QUOTE (Episode 2x22 - Food To Die For)
*Beckett questions bookie Wesley Slade - Sleep Comes Lately by Malpais
*Beckett interrupt Castle's dinner - CTRL-ALT-DEL by Blip Blip Bleep
*Castle orders Alexis to stay home and study - So Far So Long by Alexander Cardinale | Listen
*Beckett stops by Q3 for some girl time with Madison (outro) - Slow Down by Dry Spells
*Time After Time by Session 5
Looks Like Heaven by Session 5

QUOTE (Episode 2x23 - Overkill)
*Cleaning woman finds Wilder's body (intro) - Workin Man's Blues by Aceyalone (feat. Bionik) | Listen/Free Download
*Castle and Beckett interrogate Lisa Jenkins and Daphne - You And Me Belong by Jes | Lyrics, Free Download
*Castle spies Beckett and Demming kissing (outro) - Crash & Burn by Lifehouse | Lyrics, Free download

QUOTE (Episode 2x24 - A Deadly Game)
*Beckett tries to tell Castle how she feels, but he heads to the Hamptons with ex-wife Gina - Into The Blue by Sara Jackson-Holman | Listen

QUOTE (Episode 3x01 - A Deadly Affair)
*Castle/Beckett arrive at the burlesque club - Fever by Sarah Vaughan | Listen/Download
*Castle/Beckett interrogate Kitty - unknown
*Alexis is on the phone with Carter (outro) - Those Days by Lucy Schwartz | Lyrics, Buy

QUOTE (Episode 3x02 - He's Dead @ She's Dead)

*Beckett learns Castle's middle name, Castle/Martha use a ouiji board - The Librarian by Laura Scott

QUOTE (Other - Promos)

*02-23-09 music unknown
*Episode 1x05 Preview music unknown | (lyrics sound like "You took a little piece of my heart")
*03-09-09 - You're So Damn Hot by Ok Go | Lyrics, Listen
*03-16-09 - Gives You Hell by The All-American Rejects | Lyrics, Listen
*Promo - Ah La La by The Takeover UK | Lyrics, Listen, Free Download
*Episode 01x09 Preview - Out of Control by Beast | Lyrics
*Season two promo #01 - Gives You Hell by The All-American Rejects | Lyrics, Listen
*Season two promo #02 - Everybody Loves Me by OneRepublic | Lyrics, Listen
*Episode 2x14 - The Third Man: "Stop the Presses!" - Big Bad Handsome Man by Imelda May | Lyrics, Listen
*Billiards promo - Bread and Butter by Hugo | Listen
*Episode 2x24 - A Deadly Game - Prisoner by Needtobreathe | Listen, Free download
*3x02 : He's Dead, She's Dead promo - Rocket Lobster by The B-52s

Please post here if you have any helpful information! biggrin.gif
misaditas
Posted: Mar 30 2009, 08:44 AM

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 18

Oh bless you. The ringtone has been driving me crazy (I'm old and have no idea about these things any more, lol)
MichyGeary
Posted: Mar 30 2009, 01:09 PM

Writer

QUOTE (misaditas @ Mar 30 2009, 09:44 AM)
Oh bless you. The ringtone has been driving me crazy (I'm old and have no idea about these things any more, lol)

Aw, you're welcome. To be honest, I'm not up-to-scrap with all the current music either, but I utilized my Vcast Song ID and google search engine for these mysteries. ;)
MichyGeary
Posted: Mar 30 2009, 09:08 PM

Writer

New additions:

Episode 4 - Hell Hath No Fury
Intro song - You're Supposed To Be My Friend by 1990s
Martha reads a review - Love Song by Annie Stela
Closer song - If I Don't by Amp Fiddler Featuring Corinne Bailey Rae

Missing one in the middle! Anyone catch it? It's the scene where Castle meets Tiffany at the restaurant.
sammysgirl
Posted: Apr 1 2009, 08:06 PM

Detective

Member No.: 3

I'm working on the missing ones! That piano music when he meets Tiffany is going to be tough for me, but I'll see what I can do.
MichyGeary
Posted: Apr 2 2009, 12:41 AM

Writer

Thanks so much! God, it's so hard to tell what music is original from the show and what music they're using from other artists. I think we might have another missing one -- Castle/Beckett interview Creason for the first time, just under nine minutes in.
MichyGeary
Posted: Apr 3 2009, 02:48 AM

Writer

Update! Okay, so I got two different IDs on that "Castle meets Tiffany" song.

Tap Dancer's Blues by Duke Ellington OR
Mina's Second Theme by Yosuke Yamashita.

Looking into it, the first one doesn't really sound like it's the same one. It's similar, but not the same. I can't find a recording of the second one.

Still missing lots of others though. When I rewatch the first 4 eps this weekend, I'll try to update with a list of the spots we're missing.
MichyGeary
Posted: Apr 6 2009, 03:43 PM

Writer

Update! I'm going to try to keep a list of some of the promos too. I know there are zillions and tons of unidentified music, but hopefully we'll get some answers soon.

I'll be back tonight with whatever new music comes up. :D
MichyGeary
Posted: Apr 6 2009, 10:01 PM

Writer

New additions:

Episode 5 - A Chill Runs Through Her Veins
Melanie's body (intro) - Beggar's Prayer by Emiliana Torrini
Beckett calls her dad (closer) - No Envy, No Fear by Joshua Radin
taltos
Posted: Apr 7 2009, 06:38 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 30

This promo = "Ah La La" by The Takeover UK

03-09-09 music unknown | (lyrics sound like "you're something hot") = "You're So Damn Hot" by Ok Go
MichyGeary
Posted: Apr 7 2009, 06:57 PM

Writer

QUOTE (taltos @ Apr 7 2009, 07:38 PM)
This promo = "Ah La La" by The Takeover UK

03-09-09 music unknown | (lyrics sound like "you're something hot") = "You're So Damn Hot" by Ok Go

Great, thanks! Added them in. :D
MichyGeary
Posted: Apr 8 2009, 12:57 PM

Writer

New additions:

Episode 3 - Hedge Fund Homeboys
Castle wakes Alexis up (drug interrogation) - Misguided by Matthew Kerstein
Alexis wakes Castle up (Turnstyle confession) - Emily by Harlan Silverman

This is just what I was told, but I haven't had much of a chance to look into it/confirm it yet. Will be back much later tonight or tomorrow with any info I can find on lyrics and streaming it!
taltos
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 06:15 PM

Rookie

This one is actually "Buy Your Side" by Alex & Sam. (FYI - 'buy' is not a typo, that's actually what it's called).
MichyGeary
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 06:17 PM

Writer

QUOTE (taltos @ Apr 13 2009, 07:15 PM)

This one is actually "Buy Your Side" by Alex & Sam. (FYI - 'buy' is not a typo, that's actually what it's called).

........oh my god. Thank you so much!!! You rule my life.
taltos
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 06:22 PM

Rookie

Castle wakes Alexis up (drug interrogation) - Misguided by Matthew Kerstein

And this one is "Graceland '02" by Brighton, MA (Matt Kerstein is the lead singer of the band).
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (14) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1910 seconds | Archive