Latest headlines: Aerosoft Flight Simulator 2012, one step closer * Carenado Releases the PA-34 200T SENECA II FSX * Aerosoft releases US Cities X - San Francisco * Carenado Releases the C172N Skyhawk II SKI for FSX * Aerosoft Releases The PBY Catalina * Carenado's PA28RT 201 ARROW IV for FSX Released * Aerosoft Releases Manhattan X * Carenado Releases the Beechcraft Mentor T34B FSX * Carenado Releases The C152 II For FS2004 * Aerosoft & FlyMex Release Airports of Mexico City & Central (FSX + FS2004) * Carenado Releases the Cessna C152 II FSX * Aerosoft Releases the long awaited F-16 Fighting Falcon For FSX * Aerosoft Releases The Bushhawk XP For FSX * Aerosoft releases Mega Airport Madrid X * Carenado Releases C182 Skylane II Q For FSX * Aerosoft Release German Airports 3 Paderborn/Lippstadt X * Carenado Releases Cessna 182 SKYLANE II RG FSX * Aerosoft Releases VFR London For FSX * Aerosoft Releases German Airports 2 Leipzig-Halle X * Carenado's U206G II Stationair Full FSX Released * Carenado Planes Are Now Exclusively for FSX, First Release is the Piper Cherokee * The Captain Sim 757-200 Service Pack 4.1 for FSX Is Now Available * HD-VC For The Carenado Mooney 20JX * Aerosoft Releases Mega Airport Frankfurt X * CLS Releases Boeing 747-200/300 * Aerosoft Releases the Hughes H1-B “Special” * STS-99 for Space Shuttle Mission 2007™ Released * Carenado Releases Mooney 201 M20J for FSX * AlphaSim Cessna 170B Released * Aerosoft's DHC-6 Twin Otter X Released * Flight 1 Pilatus PC-12 CD For FSX Released * KCLT Charlotte For FSX Released By Imaginsim * Captain Sim Releases the C-130 X-perience * Digital Aviation Piper Cheyenne Released * SP2 For FSX Released * Watch this Ticker for Breaking News.......

Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Canadian Pilots. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Vote for Canadian Pilots!

Google

April 2009 Unedited Screenshot Contest Winners

1st Place - NorthStar

2nd Place - Ludo62

3rd Place - F-14 Tomcat

Commercial Level Simulation’s Airbus A300-600R, My Review
Ludo62
Posted: Dec 4 2005, 01:47 PM

Sr. Administrator

Group: Administration
Member No.: 1

Commercial Level Simulation’s Airbus A300-600R

Reviewed by Ludo Lambrechts

user posted image

There has been a huge gap in the original flight simulation world for the airbus 300 series, ever since Microsoft Games’ Flight Simulator 2004 was released. There has not been many add-ons developed simulating the Airbus A300-600R, whereas the A320’s, A330’s, and the A340’s have all had many add-ons developed for them. The Airbus A300 is a very important aircraft which changed aviation history forever. It was Airbus’ first aircraft, and introduced the world’s first twin aisle, twin-engine jetliner. This aircraft was finished in October of 1972, and since then its usage has increased steadily to accommodate airline’s needs. Commercial Level Simulations, led by Albert Bouwman took on the challenge and have developed the Airbus A300-600R. CLS is a new commercial add-on company, and are starting with the same aircraft that led to Airbus’ own success.

Relatively unknown, it is no surprise that consumers will be hesitant to buy this aircraft. There is a lot of pressure on CLS to make a great product, and establish their quality in this market. As I downloaded and installed this aircraft I was already impressed by the ease of use installation program which distributed this aircraft onto my computer. It was a simple installation and everything was put into its proper place. This aircraft allows you to get into the cockpit right away.

As I loaded the aircraft up in the simulator I was very impressed with the exterior model. The details have been very well modelled into this package, and many nice liveries are available for download. The liveries have been done with special care for details. There are six official CLS liveries available for download, along with a number of “unofficial” ones on other file libraries. Many exits open up on this aircraft, and a tow tractor can be placed in front while taxiing. Photographic textures have also been used to amazing effect on the gear. Albert and the rest of the CLS team did an amazing job on the exterior look of the aircraft.

user posted image

The interior aircraft is at times just as important as the exterior. This product sells for the price of $22.75 USD, which is half of the price of the PMDG 737NG. It is unrealistic to think that the interior of both these planes will be equally impressive. The 2D panel is not the most complex seen, but is very well re-created for the average flight simmer. Custom gauges work to specify VORs, engage lights, start engines, and many more functions on the Airbus A300-600R. The virtual cockpit did not match the quality seen from PMDG’s team but is still very well done. The full flight deck is modelled but the passenger cabins are not featured. This virtual cockpit runs very smoothly, features clickable gauges, and is an amazing flight experience. You can make complete flights without ever leaving the 2D cockpit or the Virtual Cockpit. Commercial Level Simulations show us that they have many talents when it comes to the interior of aircraft.

The sound and flight dynamics of the aircraft are very important as well in an aircraft’s overall quality. Many readers of my reviews know that I hold these in high regard, and as I was flying I was very impressed with the work of this young team. A custom sound set was included, and custom flight dynamics have been created for our use. These dynamics are very realistic, and the flying experience is difficult. I was very happy with the sound, and I know many others will be impressed by the sound set. However, if it does not appeal to you, there are dozens of sound packages on various file libraries which can be used for this aircraft. The work on these two aspects of the aircraft shows us that the CLS team is very experienced in their work.

user posted image

Unfortunately no FMC was created for this aircraft, but it is a reflection of the low price of this aircraft. The interior and exterior models in this aircraft are very impressive, and along with the sound and flight dynamics make this aircraft a steal at just $22.75 USD. This aircraft is well worth your money, and paves the road for many more great releases from Commercial Level Simulations. For great work, effort, and lots of promise, I award the Airbus A300-600R by CLS an 8.5 out of 10!

Reviewed by Ludo Lambrechts for Commercial Level Simulations

--------------------
Thanks to Photobucket for free image hosting
user posted image
user posted image user posted image
user posted image user posted image[GK-customfield]FSX[customfield-GK]
woozy_king
Posted: Dec 4 2005, 05:31 PM

Pilot

Group: Members
Member No.: 266

Great review Ludo clap.gif ...if anyone wants to see any additional screens of this baby, see here:
http://s8.invisionfree.com/Canadian_Pilots...?showtopic=4306

Cheers all,
Ashar

--------------------
user posted image
sheer_delight
Posted: Dec 6 2005, 11:56 AM

Rookie Pilot

Member No.: 8

Great review Ludo.

sheer_delight musik36.gif

--------------------
user posted image
jordonj
Posted: Dec 8 2005, 07:42 PM

Global Moderator

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 17

I wondered about this since you mentioned it to me.

Looks like a nice bird. A very informative review...as always!

--------------------
user posted image
The Top Gun
Posted: Dec 10 2005, 11:14 PM

Member No.: 3

Very nicely written review Ludo, looks like an amazing aircraft.

--------------------
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Topic Options Quick Reply

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1026 seconds | Archive