Latest headlines: Aerosoft Flight Simulator 2012, one step closer * Carenado Releases the PA-34 200T SENECA II FSX * Aerosoft releases US Cities X - San Francisco * Carenado Releases the C172N Skyhawk II SKI for FSX * Aerosoft Releases The PBY Catalina * Carenado's PA28RT 201 ARROW IV for FSX Released * Aerosoft Releases Manhattan X * Carenado Releases the Beechcraft Mentor T34B FSX * Carenado Releases The C152 II For FS2004 * Aerosoft & FlyMex Release Airports of Mexico City & Central (FSX + FS2004) * Carenado Releases the Cessna C152 II FSX * Aerosoft Releases the long awaited F-16 Fighting Falcon For FSX * Aerosoft Releases The Bushhawk XP For FSX * Aerosoft releases Mega Airport Madrid X * Carenado Releases C182 Skylane II Q For FSX * Aerosoft Release German Airports 3 Paderborn/Lippstadt X * Carenado Releases Cessna 182 SKYLANE II RG FSX * Aerosoft Releases VFR London For FSX * Aerosoft Releases German Airports 2 Leipzig-Halle X * Carenado's U206G II Stationair Full FSX Released * Carenado Planes Are Now Exclusively for FSX, First Release is the Piper Cherokee * The Captain Sim 757-200 Service Pack 4.1 for FSX Is Now Available * HD-VC For The Carenado Mooney 20JX * Aerosoft Releases Mega Airport Frankfurt X * CLS Releases Boeing 747-200/300 * Aerosoft Releases the Hughes H1-B “Special” * STS-99 for Space Shuttle Mission 2007™ Released * Carenado Releases Mooney 201 M20J for FSX * AlphaSim Cessna 170B Released * Aerosoft's DHC-6 Twin Otter X Released * Flight 1 Pilatus PC-12 CD For FSX Released * KCLT Charlotte For FSX Released By Imaginsim * Captain Sim Releases the C-130 X-perience * Digital Aviation Piper Cheyenne Released * SP2 For FSX Released * Watch this Ticker for Breaking News.......

Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Canadian Pilots. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Vote for Canadian Pilots!

Google

April 2009 Unedited Screenshot Contest Winners

1st Place - NorthStar

2nd Place - Ludo62

3rd Place - F-14 Tomcat

My Newest Bird, Eaglesoft Columbia 400
Jared L.
Posted: Sep 1 2006, 12:27 PM

Beginner

Group: Members
Member No.: 361

Well Eaglesoft has just released their new Columbia 400 so I decided to pick her up. My first impressions were, WOW. This is so much better than their Cirrus's in my opinion. Everything is detailed so nicely.

My Flight today was from KMWC (Milwaukee-Timmerman0 to KMOP (Mt. Pleasent). On today's flight I took her up to 13,000 feet and was cruising around 220 mph.
user posted image
She flew very well not only by the autopilot but by hand also. Having the Avydine Flight Max on board helps a lot also.
user posted image
But having these complex avionics on this plane will have an impact on your FPS. For me it was almost a 50% drop for me down in the mid teens. But to me thats fine because I never saw any stuttering during the whole flight. Eaglesoft really does do good though wit their avionics in any of their airplanes even though they are hoping on completing the whole Avydine setup soon. This would include a terrain and WX system.
user posted image
Another plus with this airplane is the amount of detail that was put into this project. If you have their Cirrus SR20 or 22 and you like those, these you will love this C400. To me it blows the Cirrus out of the sky. The VC really stood out to me as thats where I thought Eaglesoft lacked in the past with their products. Well they really did it on this one. Just look at the picture below.
user posted image

This really is considered my favorite plane right now is FS. Eaglesoft did an excellent job on this one and I can't see any major flaw at this point.

Pros:
Detailed 2D panel and VC
Avydine Flight Max avionics
Sounds fit well with the airplane
Well modeled flight dynamics

Cons:
Avionics do bring down FPS on lower end systems

Test System
Pentium 4 2.8Ghz
512 RAM
Nvidia 5500 graphics card

--------------------
user posted image
Ludo62
Posted: Sep 1 2006, 02:01 PM

Sr. Administrator

Group: Administration
Member No.: 1

Looks like a fun plane to fly Jared yes.gif . I liked how this review was written and it give us a good idea what to expect from Eaglesoft's Columbia 400. Ace job thumbsup.gif . Happy flying.

Ludo TML.gif

--------------------
Thanks to Photobucket for free image hosting
user posted image
user posted image user posted image
user posted image user posted image[GK-customfield]FSX[customfield-GK]
woozy_king
Posted: Sep 1 2006, 03:17 PM

Pilot

Member No.: 266

Got that myself! I love it too! cool.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Micah
Posted: Sep 1 2006, 06:46 PM

Member No.: 230

Very nice review!

--------------------
Australia - was amazing
user posted image
[Eric Clapton + Black Fender Stratocaster = The Best night in this guy's Life.]
[GK-customfield]FS9[customfield-GK]
jordonj
Posted: Sep 2 2006, 04:05 PM

Global Moderator

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 17

Looks pretty cool!

--------------------
user posted image
The Top Gun
Posted: Sep 3 2006, 09:22 PM

Member No.: 3

Nice review Jared, sounds like something I should look into . . . I'm also interested in their Liberty XL2.

--------------------
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
user posted image
Slider94
Posted: Sep 4 2006, 09:15 PM

Jr. Administrator

Group: Administration
Member No.: 2

I read this a few days ago, but didn't reply to it.

Now I will.

Great review Jared, I'll look into buying this after I get a few things from my Wishlist.

--------------------
[GK-customfield]Flight Simulator 2004[customfield-GK]
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options Quick Reply

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1140 seconds | Archive