InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Al Gore Support Center Online Forum 2008 :: A Reality Based Organization Fighting For Al Gore!. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Add ReplyCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

admin, i want this letter be sent to Mr. Al Gore, please!
iukenbo
Posted: May 22 2007, 03:36 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 2579

:lol:

I was inspired by the film "an inconvenient truth" and i want him to know that im now open in these issues. Actually, I want to tell him that he's a better person than Bush and he must be the President of the United States in the future because i believe that the world will benefit from him and not from a gun toting Bush. I want the world to be free and replenished! That's why!

anyways,
at the end of the film, i read

"write to your congress, and if they wont listen, run for it"

I was inspired also..

because here in the Philippines, you cant just run for congress because it's a dirty job. Powerful people (like those who own an oil company or those who will be affected by sudden changes in environmental laws) kill politicians who oppose them. But as a concerned citizen who have watched the future "consequences" of global warming and pollution to the world, I am not afraid to die right now. Although im just 18 years old, i want to inform my countrymen. All I want from Mr. Al Gore is to give me some advice. It is better if he could personally go to the Philippines to educate the people here.

please mr. ADMIN,
help me pass this letter to Mr. Al Gore..

This post has been edited by iukenbo on May 22 2007, 03:48 AM
Send PMSend Email
earthmother
Posted: May 22 2007, 10:37 AM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

Group: Co-Admin
Member No.: 209

We don't have an inside line to Gore's office. You can send him a letter at:

Office of the Honorable Al Gore
2100 West End Ave., Suite 620
Nashville, TN 37203
Send PMSend EmailMembers Website
TNblue
Posted: May 22 2007, 09:22 PM
Quote Post

GSC Patriot

Member No.: 2326

iukenbo,

You can also go to www.theclimateproject.org and request that someone come to your area and present Mr. Gore's slide show that the movie was based on. It's constantly being revised. He has personally trained 1,000 volunteers, many from other countries, to give his presentation. That might be the next best thing.
Send PMSend Email
Reverend Wally
  Posted: May 22 2007, 10:24 PM
Quote Post

GSC Patriot

Member No.: 1797

:read:

Actually, in light of the abundant international support that Al Gore has, it is a shame that there is not a direct line of communication set up whereby someone like "iukenbo" can get a "confirmed recieved" message to Al.

People from all over the globe are looking to him as the person who can straighten things out on this planet.

I feel their pain.

:unsure:
Send PMSend EmailMembers Website Contact AIMContact YIM
TNblue
Posted: May 22 2007, 11:01 PM
Quote Post

GSC Patriot

Well, I think those folks at his office are more responsive than you might think. I've gotten 2 thank you notes from Mr. Gore this year. One was for a birthday card. I never expected that.

The Climate Project staff are wonderful as well, though quite busy supporting the presenter/messengers.

I would say that if someone tries both routes of contact and doesn't get a reply of some sort in a couple of weeks then they need more help. I don't think anyone with a request for information would be ignored. Just my opinion from personal experience.
Send PMSend Email
earthmother
Posted: May 22 2007, 11:03 PM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

I've sent many letters over the years and have yet to receive anything. :(
ChileanDemocrat
Posted: May 23 2007, 12:17 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2567

It is so inspiring, iukenbo, to read about people from around the globe feeling the exact same thing.

I'm from Chile, and even i always considered environment issues important, i never had the initiative to get up and go to my family, friends and classmates to show them the real problem... and the real solutions.

After watching AIT i learned so much that i felt that it was imperative for me to go out there and spread the message!... that's why i started to study about the climate changes in my country to try to create conscience everywhere i go, but with good arguments. I think that's something you could do too!

Less than two weeks ago i had the chance to be seated right behind Mr Gore and all i wanted was to thank him for opening my eyes but there were too many people trying to get to him, so i just couldn't :(:(
Send PMSend EmailMembers Website Contact MSN
TNblue
Posted: May 23 2007, 11:00 PM
Quote Post

GSC Patriot

QUOTE (earthmother @ May 22 2007, 10:03 PM)
I've sent many letters over the years and have yet to receive anything. :(

You're kidding! :o

I wonder why me, but not you of all people.
Send PMSend Email
earthmother
Posted: May 24 2007, 10:29 AM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

I've heard of lots of people receiving things back--thank you notes, Christmas cards, etc. I've never gotten one thing. Go figure!
oleblueraider
Posted: May 24 2007, 01:01 PM
Quote Post

GSC Patriot

Member No.: 2189

EM, I think it is when they meet you in person???

They have a steel trap mind for faces.

My youngest son worked as floor director for him at MTSU for a semester and they do not recognize him at all but know the rest of the family on sight and their history, etc? There were 30 students working around my son for them then.

The youngest son was introverted and did not express himself to them in a shy manner around them scared by celebrity, etc???

I seem to recall that you and hubby balked on even getting an autograph form them once, right?

You have to go for it? What makes, you as an author, recall someone who complements you????

Send PMSend Email
earthmother
Posted: May 24 2007, 01:13 PM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

Nah. Lots of people who've written letters and sent birthday cards have received letters from him.

Oh well!

I'm running into NYC now to go work the book-signing event. Later!
Reverend Wally
Posted: May 24 2007, 01:31 PM
Quote Post

GSC Patriot

Member No.: 1797

QUOTE (earthmother @ May 24 2007, 02:13 PM)
Nah.  Lots of people who've written letters and sent birthday cards have received letters from him.

Oh well!

I'm running into NYC now to go work the book-signing event.  Later!

Good luck with meeting him. :)

If you get to talk to him, tell him that there is an old disabled Reverend in Lakeland, Florida who is praying he will throw his hat in the ring in 2008.

I realize you clasify yourself as atheist, but please do this for us all.

:rolleyes:

BTW .... I ordered my copy of TAOR from Amazon and i think it has shipped already. I am really looking forward to reading it ... ! So is my daughter, "freethinker"

:good:

This post has been edited by Reverend Wally on May 24 2007, 01:34 PM
Send PMSend EmailMembers Website Contact AIMContact YIM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Gore Meetup | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options Add ReplyCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

Paid for and authorized by the Al Gore Support Center 2002-2005, Inc.
Please Read Our Disclaimer

A Stiles Design Creation 2005

Site Meter
Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive