InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Al Gore Support Center Online Forum 2008 :: A Reality Based Organization Fighting For Al Gore!. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

Gore 2008 Meetup Chats, Come and join the fun!
Posted: Jun 23 2006, 01:40 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

When are the MeetUp chats?
earthmother
Posted: Jun 23 2006, 02:30 PM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

Group: Co-Admin
Member No.: 209

We don't have any scheduled at the moment.
Send PMSend EmailMembers Website
Mark Strachan
Posted: Jun 29 2006, 01:38 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Ok, this looks like the only thread where people are talking, and you mention strategy, so I want to talk strategy:

Simple:

Al Gore needs to go sit with Bill Gates, and convince the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation to change their focus slightly.

The Bill and Melinda gates foundation has got brains, money, and influence, more than anyone. They want to cure disease. What they need to incorporate, is that disease is a function of the environment. That message is missing from their mission statement.

Al Gore could be the one to put it in there. If Bill and Melinda Gates adjust their mission, they could save the world.

This could be our best hope.

What do you think?

-Mark.
Mark Strachan
Posted: Jun 29 2006, 01:45 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 1306

I'm the same user as the above post, but now I'm registered.

I just registered, so if there is anyone I can talk to about that idea, I'd really like to talk to someone about that to see what we could do to make it happen.

If it hasn't already...

-Mark
Send PMSend Email
earthmother
Posted: Jun 29 2006, 02:58 AM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

Wouldn't you need to talk to Bill and Melinda Gates?

And you could write a letter to Al if you want him to approach them . . .
thisplanet
Posted: Jun 29 2006, 08:06 AM
Quote Post

This planet

Group: Members
Member No.: 1066

My past experience with getting people to agree on a date to meet was to simply set a date (i.e. second Tuesday of each month) and say I will be there at that time, show up if you can. I did that and after unsuccessful years of trying to get a group of my friends together for even once a year, we met as a group 8 to 9 times a year (for several years after that).

My participation?? I'm not good on the fly and pretty much never use chat which what I guess you mean is instant messenger.

I'm not as politically astute as most of you. I'm mostly environmental minded except that I can't think of anything more important than having Al Gore for President. So I will try to keep up if you all don't mind.

Date and Time - don't matter to me.
Send PMSend Email
earthmother
Posted: Jun 29 2006, 09:47 AM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

Yeah, we've had a terrible time trying to get everybody to agree when we could do this in the past. You're right, thisplanet, that we just have to pick a date and time, and whoever can be there will be there.

I'm not exactly sure what there is to discuss right now, but if people want to have a chat, we can certainly set one up. Just let me know . . .
yardman5508
  Posted: Jul 2 2006, 06:53 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

There is a meeting of Southside DFA at Pilgreen's in Morrow (Atlanta area) on the first Wednesday of each month {this coming Wednesday July 5} at 7:00. I am working through DFA in this particular area to formulate both a progressive message and a Gore for President organization. Anyone in the Atlanta area is welcome...just go to the DFA-link and RSVP for this meeting. Keep the faith. :clap:
earthmother
Posted: Jul 2 2006, 09:33 PM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

Good work, yardman.

We'll be starting Gore meetups soon across the country--target date, the beginning of August.

Will notify everyone when that gets underway.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Gore Meetup | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2]  Add ReplyCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

Paid for and authorized by the Al Gore Support Center 2002-2005, Inc.
Please Read Our Disclaimer

A Stiles Design Creation 2005

Site Meter
Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive