Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Al Gore Support Center Online Forum 2008 :: A Reality Based Organization Fighting For Al Gore!. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Add ReplyCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

Hilary Rosen vs. Ann Romney
JamesAquila
Posted: Apr 16 2012, 10:18 AM
Quote Post

GSC Patriot

Group: Members
Member No.: 67

I wasn't planning on this but it's gotten so out of control the past few days I'm reminded of the fake Gore claims he invented the internet claim from 2000.

First, I agree with the President that spouses should not be attacked. We've all seen attacks on the First Lady going back to 2008; so Hilary Rosen was wrong to drag Ann Romney into the debate.

However, I think that Rosen's comments have been totally mischaracterized by the media. Most are reporting only the first part of her comment

What you have is Mitt Romney running around the country, saying, 'Well, you know, my wife tells me that what women really care about are economic issues, and when I listen to my wife, thats what Im hearing.' Guess what? His wife has actually never worked a day in her life.

But they are leaving out the next part:

"She's never really dealt with the kinds of economic issues that a majority of the women in this country are facing in terms of how do we feed our kids, how do we send them to school and why do we worry about their future."

If you read the whole quote, Rosen is not criticizing Mrs. Romney for being a stay at home mother but for being wealthy and unable to relate to the realities that most women have to face every day.

However, the so-called liberal media has been pushing the spin by the Romney campaign hook, line and sinker.

What's worse they are trying to make Rosen the face of the Obama campaign despite the fact that she doesn't work for the campaign or the administration. Wolf Blitzer in a show of total dishonesty pulled this on David Axelrod the other day and Axelrod pointed out that Rosen works for CNN and not the President.

And the so-called "Liberal" media have totally ignored these comments by Mitt Romney from last January: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/15/m..._n_1426113.html

This morning it was reported that Mrs. Romney said this at a fundraiser:

"It was my early birthday present for someone to be critical of me as a mother. That was a really defining moment, and I loved it."

She loved it??? I thought she was offended by it? I can't think of a more cynical attitude than this. Mrs. Romney just told the world that she's not the victim that the media portrayed her as last week but rather a political opportunist who with the help of the media took an innocuous comment and spun it for political advantage.
Send PM
Patsy
Posted: Apr 19 2012, 07:41 PM
Quote Post

GSC Patriot

Member No.: 122

Poor Mitt and Ann they really have nothing to rant about. This was about as silly as it gets.
Send PMSend Email
Wayne in WA State
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 12:24 AM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 1466

(Posted Image)

Thank you Ted Nuget for changing the subject. What kind of people attend the NRA convention that Nugent would feel comfortable making violent threats against Democrats and the President?

:chicken:
Send PMSend Email
JamesAquila
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 09:14 AM
Quote Post

GSC Patriot

Ann Romney does it again. In a speech last night she said:

Romney alluded to the fact that not all women can stay at home saying, I love the fact that there are women out there who dont have a choice and they must go to work and they still have to raise the kids.

Do these people even realize how out of touch they are? And why isn't the media jumping on this the way they jumped on Hilary Rosen's comment two weeks ago?

http://thinkprogress.org/special/2012/04/2...ney-women-work/
Send PM
ReElectAlGore2016
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 10:16 AM
Quote Post

GSC Patriot

Member No.: 455

why isn't the media? BECAUSE 99.9 % OF THE MEDIA IS RIGHT WING

and having the stupid current/Keith fight leads me to not so nice thoughts about current, to tell the truth, perpetuating the me me me me of the rest of the media,
and Gore wanting to personalize it against Olberman...
Why did Al take Keith knowing his background.

does make one wonder how making billions can change someone...sorry, but we can not overlook the obvious here.

thank God for Obama being president at this time, and through 2017. thank God for that.
Send PM
Texan for Gore
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 10:24 AM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

Member No.: 2253

Are you serious, Clay??? Olbermann was the one who didn't want to be a team player -- the sets weren't good enough, car service, etc.

Thank God we have Current TV for a progressive, not media-controlled view.
Send PMSend Email
ReElectAlGore2016
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 07:05 PM
Quote Post

GSC Patriot

Member No.: 455

QUOTE (Texan for Gore @ Apr 24 2012, 10:24 AM)
Are you serious, Clay??? Olbermann was the one who didn't want to be a team player -- the sets weren't good enough, car service, etc.

Thank God we have Current TV for a progressive, not media-controlled view.

except that the message got lost by people talking about gore v. oberrmann

no expense should have been not used keeping KO happy through 2012 then worrying about it

this is what happens time and again with liberal media, from off message rants(like Hilary Rosen)(who rightwing media if you listen carefully just used her first name making it like a different Hillary said it)

If KO didn't like his cheapie car service, hire ten stretch limo's or trucks or whatever it would have taken to shut the issue down

don't back and forth and cloud the message with inconsequential trash like these type of things are

(remember, though Keith and Al can well afford limo's and drivers, most of America can't)

(i.e. If Keith had it in his contract not to have red M&M's, then someone better
damn well not put red M&M's in his bowl.
Send PM
earthmother
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 09:48 PM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

Group: Co-Admin
Member No.: 209

QUOTE (JamesAquila @ Apr 24 2012, 02:14 PM)
Romney alluded to the fact that not all women can stay at home saying, I love the fact that there are women out there who dont have a choice and they must go to work and they still have to raise the kids.

Well, hell, I love the fact that there are minorities out there who have to work two and three jobs just to be able to put food on the table. I also love the fact that there are veterans of the war in Iraq out there who are trundling around in wheelchairs and some even with their arms blown off, too.

America. It's a great country! So don't knock Ann Romney. She was just celebrating our wonderful diversity!
Send PMSend EmailMembers Website
Texan for Gore
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 09:50 PM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

Member No.: 2253

Like you don't ever talk about issues like that...

And what's with the double negative? What are you trying to say?

And who says KO's limo service was cheap? I believe they said they tried about 12 different services. I don't see that Current violated their contract with him. Sounds like he's just gotten too big for his britches.

And KO and Gore both may be able to afford limos and drivers, but I'll bet that Gore drives his own vehicle more often than not and he also takes public transportation when possible.
Send PMSend Email
Wayne in WA State
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 12:05 AM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

Member No.: 1466

QUOTE (earthmother @ Apr 24 2012, 06:48 PM)
QUOTE (JamesAquila @ Apr 24 2012, 02:14 PM)

Well, hell, I love the fact that there are minorities out there who have to work two and three jobs just to be able to put food on the table. I also love the fact that there are veterans of the war in Iraq out there who are trundling around in wheelchairs and some even with their arms blown off, too.

America. It's a great country! So don't knock Ann Romney. She was just celebrating our wonderful diversity!

Do you think the Romney's are so clueless as to love the fact that most mothers don't have the option to be stay at home moms?

Yes, I'm afraid they really are that clueless. They've lived their whole lives in the bubble of extreme wealth.

:dripple:
Send PMSend Email
JamesAquila
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 10:16 AM
Quote Post

GSC Patriot

QUOTE (Wayne in WA State @ Apr 25 2012, 12:05 AM)
Do you think the Romney's are so clueless as to love the fact that most mothers don't have the option to be stay at home moms?

Yes, I'm afraid they really are that clueless. They've lived their whole lives in the bubble of extreme wealth.

:dripple:

What's really sad is the media's lack of reporting on this statement. Compare that to the media frenzy over Hilary Rosen's innocuous comment 2 weeks ago.

"Liberal media", my ass! :mad:
Send PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | The Political Roundtable | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options Add ReplyCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

Paid for and authorized by the Al Gore Support Center 2002-2005, Inc.
Please Read Our Disclaimer

A Stiles Design Creation 2005

Site Meter
Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive