InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Al Gore Support Center Online Forum 2008 :: A Reality Based Organization Fighting For Al Gore!. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Forum Rules GSC News Alert Central Forum Rules

Numerous people use the GSC News Alert forum as their primary source for Gore news. Please do not "dilute" the forum by starting threads that are not news and/or related to Al Gore.

Please be aware of the following restrictions when posting in GSC News Alert forum:

Be aware that we delete discussion threads from the GSC News Alert forum that do not fulfill these requirements. We may move them to a proper area if we see need to or if this is a first offense. We will not send you a message explaining where your post went. Thank you for your understanding. We hope that you find the news area here helpful and insightful!

Add ReplyCreate New Topic

VP Gore launches political comeback
Texan for Gore
Posted: Jan 6 2012, 02:52 PM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 2253

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tammy-haddad...&utm_source=web

VP Gore Launches Political Comeback
Posted: 1/5/12 11:17 AM ET

Submit this storydigg reddit stumble Vice President Al Gore made a stunning, unexpected return to politics for the 2012 Iowa Caucus as a political analyst for his own cable channel, Current TV.

For those who migrated over to watch Keith Olbermann, there was a moment of shock and awe as the former vice president and 2000 presidential candidate gave his political views on the Republican candidates, Supreme Court decisions, Karl Rove, the Koch brothers and the perils of being called a "flip flopper."

With hands pressed together, fingers intertwined, and wearing a sports coat with an open collar French blue shirt, VP Gore pointed out the "most significant endorsement of the day" occurred outside of Iowa: Rupert Murdoch electrified the Twitteratti with his tacit endorsement of candidate Rick Santorum as the "only candidate with genuine big vision" for the United States. Gore went on to point out the political impact for all the candidates of the Murdoch tweets saying, "Romney cannot be very happy." With his analyst hat squarely on his head, Gore reminded the audience of Senator Santorum's very big loss in his re-election bid in Pennsylvania: "For an incumbent to lose by 18 points.... the vulnerabilities in his record is responsible for the 18-point loss."

Gore was angry when he talked about Ron Paul's comments about race saying, "The messages were so shockingly racist, outright racist. It's just not enough to let that stand there when there are things beyond the newsletters.... I think we are kidding ourselves."

Surrounded by unidentified "Young Turks" and former Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm, Gore reminded the audience of how his re-election campaign bloodied GOP presidential candidate Bob Dole "in 1996 because the Clinton Gore campaign ran a lot of ads in the heartland... against Dole."

He compared it to the negative ads run by independent groups against Gingrich in Iowa saying, "that opened the proverbial flood gates... devastating on Newt Gingrich."

The former vice president seemed to struggle to be measured about Gingrich, stating, "He has an interesting mind. I am trying to be charitable. I don't think we have seen the last of him. Unlike the proverbial cat he probably only has three lives... he has a role to play in this unfolding drama."

When asked by Current TV host Cenk Uygur if Gingrich will survive this, Gore replied, "He still has something to say," and with a nod "the media on all sides has an interest in keeping this going. He will go to South Carolina and probably Florida."

Gore spoke directly to Democrats saying that, "Should they count so much corporate money and special interest money trying to defeat president Obama we cannot lose sight of how it tilts the playing field," with this final warning, "And nobody knows where it comes from."

Like the veteran vote counter he is, Gore points out: "It's no long winner take all before March 1 on the republican side. It stays that way... that is the delegates they will get and it still gives a slingshot effect. The person that wins, gets the prize. It's still a significant thing to come in first." No one in politics knows the pain and truth of these words more than Vice President Gore.

Welcome back to politics, Mr. Vice President.

Tammy Haddad, President, Haddad Media, co-founder, White House Correspondents Insider, and former MSNBC Vice President for Washington.

Thought I meant something else, didn't you? :coolwink:

I watched this the other night and thought it was good. Gore will be on again this coming Tuesday night.

Send PMSend Email
earthmother
Posted: Jan 6 2012, 11:50 PM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

Group: Co-Admin
Member No.: 209

QUOTE (Texan for Gore @ Jan 6 2012, 07:52 PM)
Thought I meant something else, didn't you? :coolwink:

Well, I knew it couldn't be, but when I saw that it was you who posted it, I did wonder what was up.

Gore never left politics in this sense. He has continued to do political analysis all along.

Oh, if only . . .
Send PMSend EmailMembers Website
Wayne in WA State
Posted: Jan 7 2012, 02:09 PM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

Member No.: 1466

It's good to hear Al Gore at least speaking about the candidates and the election. Thanks TFG :clap:
Send PMSend Email
ReElectAlGore2016
Posted: Jan 9 2012, 02:26 AM
Quote Post

GSC Patriot

Group: Members
Member No.: 455

sure sounds to me as if Al Gore is still and always is a democrat and is supporting the democratic field in 2012 (which means Obama.)

no other way to read anything else but that.

I gotta laugh at Newt crying over how dirty the republicans are.
Newt started the current media tv negativity himself in the 1990s.

and how vile a comment made by Mitt that he was pleased to force Ted Kennedy to mortgage one of his houses in their senate run

only a 1%er like Mitt takes pleasure in wasting another persons money.

People need to remember, Al Gore, Ted Kennedy Jimmy Carter Hillary CLinton and all ARE Barack Obama
Send PM
Texan for Gore
Posted: Jan 9 2012, 10:55 AM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

QUOTE (ReElectAlGore2016 @ Jan 9 2012, 01:26 AM)
sure sounds to me as if Al Gore is still and always is a democrat and is supporting the democratic field in 2012 (which means Obama.)

Well, there's no doubt that Gore is still a democrat, but I'm not so sure about you, Clay. I mean, look at how you obsess over Ron Paul, and remember, you did push Gore to run as an independent last time. (Posted Image)
Send PMSend Email
ReElectAlGore2016
Posted: Jan 9 2012, 12:24 PM
Quote Post

GSC Patriot

Member No.: 455

QUOTE (Texan for Gore @ Jan 9 2012, 10:55 AM)

Well, there's no doubt that Gore is still a democrat, but I'm not so sure about you, Clay. I mean, look at how you obsess over Ron Paul, and remember, you did push Gore to run as an independent last time. (Posted Image)

I don't obsess over Ron Paul
why ad hominem me?
I can't stand his policies and his hatred against all minorities and women.
and you make it sound as if I like Ron Paul. Far from it.I would never vote for him ever.
Ron Paul and David Duke and Jorg Heider(deceased) make a great trio.
America should bypass anything like that
They operate out of hate

The democrats operate out of love.

so you must have me mixed up with someone who likes Ron Paul.
I would love to see him run 3rd party and split the republicantealibertarian vote so that the republicans never rise again.
Send PM
Texan for Gore
Posted: Jan 9 2012, 03:53 PM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

QUOTE (ReElectAlGore2016 @ Jan 9 2012, 11:24 AM)
QUOTE (Texan for Gore @ Jan 9 2012, 10:55 AM)

I don't obsess over Ron Paul
why ad hominem me?
I can't stand his policies and his hatred against all minorities and women.
and you make it sound as if I like Ron Paul. Far from it.I would never vote for him ever.
Ron Paul and David Duke and Jorg Heider(deceased) make a great trio.
America should bypass anything like that
They operate out of hate

The democrats operate out of love.

so you must have me mixed up with someone who likes Ron Paul.
I would love to see him run 3rd party and split the republicantealibertarian vote so that the republicans never rise again.

Just giving you a hard time, Clay, as you so often like to put words in my mouth. It's no fun when the shoe's on the other foot, huh? :tongue:
Send PMSend Email
earthmother
Posted: Jan 9 2012, 05:03 PM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

QUOTE (Texan for Gore @ Jan 9 2012, 08:53 PM)
Just giving you a hard time, Clay, as you so often like to put words in my mouth. It's no fun when the shoe's on the other foot, huh? :tongue:

:clap:

I know I shouldn't take sides, but I do think Clay has been guilty of putting words in your mouth and attributing things to you that you would definitely not believe in, so I'm cheering you on. ;)
Texan for Gore
Posted: Jan 9 2012, 08:16 PM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

QUOTE (earthmother @ Jan 9 2012, 04:03 PM)
QUOTE (Texan for Gore @ Jan 9 2012, 08:53 PM)
Just giving you a hard time, Clay, as you so often like to put words in my mouth. It's no fun when the shoe's on the other foot, huh?  :tongue:

:clap:

I know I shouldn't take sides, but I do think Clay has been guilty of putting words in your mouth and attributing things to you that you would definitely not believe in, so I'm cheering you on. ;)

Seeing as how Clay is good at dishing it out, he shouldn't mind, EM.

And btw, when has he NOT been guilty of putting words in anybody's mouth for that matter? :D If I didn't know better, I'd think he was an attorney grilling someone on the witness stand or something. :lol:
Send PMSend Email
alpha-gore-omega
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 11:07 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 5545

Hello all, this is my first post in almost three years but i have been checking in now and again.

Does anyone know anything about Al Gore's new book that was going to be released in 2012? There was much fanfare about it in March last year but I haven't heard anything about it since March last year.
Send PMSend Email
earthmother
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 01:16 PM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

You're right, alpha-gore-omega. I remember that, too. But I haven't heard a word about it. When I get a chance, I'll look into it.
scalbers
Posted: Mar 24 2012, 04:08 PM
Quote Post

GSC Senior Member

Member No.: 2088

Greetings - was there a link to see his political appearances on Current TV?
Texan for Gore
Posted: Mar 24 2012, 10:35 PM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

Hey scalbers - welcome back to AGSC. Haven't seen you here in a while.

Here a link to Politically Direct at Current. He sat in on the reporting of the Iowa race and then appeared by satellite during the New Hampshire race. This link shows various clips from both those nights.

http://current.com/specials/election2012/
Send PMSend Email
Nagasakee
Posted: Mar 25 2012, 12:46 PM
Quote Post

GSC VIP Member

Member No.: 616

Would it be this book, Our Choice?

http://www.amazon.com/Our-Choice-Solve-Cli...s/dp/1594867348

The Our Choice interactive IPAD app is # 1 at Apple's ItUnes store. Really good app, see it here below. Be sure to have the sound on.

http://pushpoppress.com/ourchoice/
Send PMSend Email
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Al Gore Support Center News Alert Central | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options Add ReplyCreate New Topic

Paid for and authorized by the Al Gore Support Center 2002-2005, Inc.
Please Read Our Disclaimer

A Stiles Design Creation 2005

Site Meter
Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive