InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Al Gore Support Center Online Forum 2008 :: A Reality Based Organization Fighting For Al Gore!. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Add ReplyCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

Al Gore's thoughts on Occupy Wall Street
Texan for Gore
Posted: Oct 12 2011, 10:37 PM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 2253

http://blog.algore.com/2011/10/thoughts_on...all_street.html

For the past several weeks I have watched and read news about the Occupy Wall Street protests with both interest and admiration. I thought The New York Times hit the nail on the head in an editorial Saturday:

“The message — and the solutions — should be obvious to anyone who has been paying attention since the economy went into a recession that continues to sock the middle class while the rich have recovered and prospered. The problem is that no one in Washington has been listening.”

“At this point, protest is the message: income inequality is grinding down that middle class, increasing the ranks of the poor, and threatening to create a permanent underclass of able, willing but jobless people. On one level, the protesters, most of them young, are giving voice to a generation of lost opportunity.”

From the economy, to the climate crisis our leaders have pursued solutions that are not solving our problems, instead they propose policies that accomplish little. With democracy in crisis a true grassroots movement pointing out the flaws in our system, is the first step in the right direction. Count me among those supporting and cheering on the Occupy Wall Street movement.

You can support the protests by clicking here.
Send PMSend Email
Wayne in WA State
Posted: Oct 13 2011, 01:04 PM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 1466

We hope the protests really do mark a turning point in American politics :good:
Send PMSend Email
oleblueraider
Posted: Oct 13 2011, 04:10 PM
Quote Post

GSC Patriot

Group: Members
Member No.: 2189

Fat chance when I read the post around the nation?

They have done a great bang-up job of making Gore look like he is only in it to make a buck too!

He bet big on Google when Yahoo was king, but they miss that somehow and assume his money comes only from green endeavors of lies and they have muddled his fate very well indeed!

Just look at the money news on Google today. If we only had put $10,000 or more down when he did, I would be living on Oahu!

Its not what we know its what we know for sure that scares me, Gore says!

Well they know for sure he is a charlatan shame they so smugly think.

I wanna catch some neutrino's out of here as soon as possible!
Send PMSend Email
ErinB
Posted: Oct 16 2011, 08:05 AM
Quote Post

GSC Patriot

Member No.: 45

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/13/a..._n_1008646.html

Good link from Huffington Post

This quote by Al sums up everything so well.

“At this point, protest is the message: income inequality is grinding down that middle class, increasing the ranks of the poor, and threatening to create a permanent underclass of able, willing but jobless people. On one level, the protesters, most of them young, are giving voice to a generation of lost opportunity.”

This post has been edited by ErinB on Oct 16 2011, 08:07 AM
Send PMSend Email
ap215
Posted: Oct 16 2011, 09:43 AM
Quote Post

GSC Patriot

Member No.: 353

TY Al. :good:
Send PMSend Email
ALGOREismylife
Posted: Oct 16 2011, 12:48 PM
Quote Post

Super Moderator
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 386

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2011/10/al...wall-street.php

Gore Strongly Supports #Occupy Wall Street

by Brian Merchant, Brooklyn, New York on 10.14.11

The #OccupyWallStreet movement -- which has now spilled into Brooklyn and inspired protests across the world -- is gaining some high profile supporters. So far, notable backers have included Mark Ruffalo, Naomi Klein, Michael Moore, Kanye West, and Cornell West, among others. Now, Al Gore has voiced some powerful support for the movement.

Here's what he said:

"From the economy to the climate crisis our leaders have pursued solutions that are not solving our problems, instead they propose policies that accomplish little," Gore wrote. "With democracy in crisis a true grassroots movement pointing out the flaws in our system is the first step in the right direction. Count me among those supporting and cheering on the Occupy Wall Street movement," the Global Post reports.

Gore has long been a critic of corporate interference in politics, so it comes as no surprise that he'd unambiguously back a movement that seeks to address the damage that the imbalance of wealth has done to American democracy.

The former vice president also wrote in a blog post that "he has been following news of the protests for several weeks "with both interest and admiration," according to the Post.

Of course he is -- this is precisely the kind of grassroots movement Gore called for in his recent 24 Hours of Reality event.

Send PMSend EmailContact YIM
Nagasakee
Posted: Oct 20 2011, 12:20 PM
Quote Post

GSC VIP Member

Member No.: 616

I'm really very glad to see Al support Occupy. I do too.

Speaking of occupying things, I'll be moving from Florida to Massachusetts next week. I just lost my job, and will be moving northwards to find work in New England starting 11/1/11.

Send PMSend Email
TNblue
Posted: Oct 20 2011, 11:04 PM
Quote Post

GSC Patriot

Member No.: 2326

QUOTE (Nagasakee @ Oct 20 2011, 11:20 AM)
I'm really very glad to see Al support Occupy.  I do too.

Speaking of occupying things, I'll be moving from Florida to Massachusetts next week.  I just lost my job, and will be moving northwards to find work in New England starting 11/1/11.

I'm really sorry to hear you lost your job, Nagasakee. That really sucks.

Good luck finding work in MA. They have awesome health care, a kick-butt "Occupy" movement...and Elizabeth Warren. That's a good start.
Send PMSend Email
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | General Gore Talk | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options Add ReplyCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

Paid for and authorized by the © Al Gore Support Center 2002-2005, Inc.
Please Read Our Disclaimer

A Stiles Design Creation © 2005

Site Meter
Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive