InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Al Gore Support Center Online Forum 2008 :: A Reality Based Organization Fighting For Al Gore!. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Forum Rules GSC News Alert Central Forum Rules

Numerous people use the GSC News Alert forum as their primary source for Gore news. Please do not "dilute" the forum by starting threads that are not news and/or related to Al Gore.

Please be aware of the following restrictions when posting in GSC News Alert forum:

Be aware that we delete discussion threads from the GSC News Alert forum that do not fulfill these requirements. We may move them to a proper area if we see need to or if this is a first offense. We will not send you a message explaining where your post went. Thank you for your understanding. We hope that you find the news area here helpful and insightful!

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyCreate New Topic

Superb Gore essay in Rolling Stone, 7000 words...
Nagasakee
Posted: Jun 22 2011, 11:14 AM
Quote Post

GSC VIP Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 616

Send PMSend Email
Wayne in WA State
Posted: Jun 23 2011, 12:29 AM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 1466

Great article Nagasakee! :good:
Send PMSend Email
oleblueraider
Posted: Jun 24 2011, 05:29 PM
Quote Post

GSC Patriot

Member No.: 2189

This article KNOCKS it out of the park for the Boss!

I am sorry but Obama has done one thing right, he killed Osama in a daring risky taken a real political chance decision!

I GIVE HIM HUGE CREDIT FOR THAT ONE HUGE!

However he has screwed up my health care personaly, bankrupted my son by his new actions and plain lost the confidence of his own people mostly until an election backs them into the wall.

The decision to bring the troops home prior to September 2012 and not wait until November 2012 is TOTALY a political one that will kill many of our soldiers unneeded JUST to give him a chance of election!

I am disappointed with Obama across the board and I understand that he STOPPED the Depression from being worse, but may be in 20/20 hindsight he should not have done so???

Regardless I have lost all faith in the man and will not vote for him in 2012 but I will vote a wasted vote for someone to let them know I am out there.

HOWEVER, WHAT IF WE HAD A LBJ MOMENT?

What if this draw down hurts the troops faster than he thinks? What if the WAHH ( Alabama for WAR), what if the War and the economy and his family-------------------
EXCUSE me but didn't I read that Michelle and the girls asked him NOT to continue and he said he could be all right with that? did I or Did I NOT read that or was it Fox mis information? someone here tell me please!

Anyway, WHAT IF IN AN LBJ MOMENT FOR ALL THOSE REASONS ADDED UP he says "To insure the troops are brought home safely and our reputation is intact I shall not seek nor shall I accept the nomination of my party for President."

THEN OUR MAN CAN ENTER THE RACE OF HIS DREAMS!

One where he can harness the power of the internet, his own now vast fortune etc. Yes he has negatives, but just as high of positives he has to go with them!

Most of us know here what or how many jobs a TRUE change to a green economy would create! an America that is now NON white in the electorate at large! He could win this race in 2012 but in 2016 probably to old then and the zeitgeist has changed huge by then.

People that could happen! I am the biggest negative against him running but under that opening with the help of the INTERNET for NON PAC money and his own money to boot, it could be done!

I pray it can be done because we need a GREAT MAN, repug or Democrat to lead us out of this misery now, a truly battle tested GREAT MAN or woman?

That's my scenario, again, someone tell me IF Michelle said that about being a one term prez?????
Send PMSend Email
Texan for Gore
Posted: Jun 28 2011, 09:58 PM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

Member No.: 2253

Blue, I would love it if Gore threw his hat in the ring. To be honest, I don't see anyone out there running that I would even vote for at this point. Obama has been a big disappointment to me as well, starting with the way the healthcare bill went down, but I won't rehash that right now. It'd be like beating a dead horse and I'm sure people are tired of hearing it.

But this was an excellent article, and I'm glad Gore is speaking out about Obama not doing enough about the climate issue. That helps reaffirm that I'm not just imagining it myself.

Focusing on a green economy would do wonders, in more ways than one. If people can't admit what we're dong to the environment is detrimental, they should at least be able to acknowledge what the Gulf oil spill and the earthquake in Japan (with the threat of a nuclear disaster) has done for our environment. It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to realize there is money to be made in the green energy business, even if the person doesn't care about the environment.

Blue, with you bringing up the idea of Gore running again, you don't happen to have any inside information, do you? :coolwink: I would sure love to hear some good news about now, even though I don't see any on the horizon.

If not Gore, then I could certainly get psyched up if somebody like Bernie Sanders or Feingold ran, but I can't see anybody running against Obama at this point. Like you though, I do seem to recall somebody, maybe Michelle or Obama saying he could live with being a one term President. Maybe it was just my imagination though. :?:
Send PMSend Email
Wayne in WA State
Posted: Jun 29 2011, 12:09 AM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

Obama will just have to run knowing he did about the best job anyone could have done under the circumstances and still gets a wheelbarrow full of grief about it from the right and the far left. Obama suffers not so much from his actions as from people's inability to understand how incredibly screwed up this country was after 8 years of Bush and Cheney. It's just the nature of politics that even if he deserves a lot of credit for keeping things from getting much worse people just don't appreciate that. Obama suffers from vastly overblown expectations of what he could accomplish given the how our Senate works and how money influences politics in America. So, I still think of myself as an optimist, but also a realist. Without a good dose of realism my optimism would have crashed and burned a long time ago. I'll wager that Gore will come out strongly for Obama's re-election.

;)
Send PMSend Email
Texan for Gore
Posted: Jun 29 2011, 08:28 AM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

I beg to differ, Wayne. Of course, how well a job Obama has done is in the eye of the beholder. I'm sure the corporations think he's done a swell job. :rolleyes: And just to be clear, I hold Bush accountable for the shape this country was in when Obama took office. It was a disaster. When Clinton left office, we were in good financial shape. The fact that we were in such financial ruins when Bush left is very telling indeed. I attribute that to the wars, the tax cuts for the wealthy, etc.

But at the same time, Obama has continued some of those same policies. He has continued the wars and then some (Libya). He has extended the tax cut for the wealthy and while I'm aware that the repugs "held the dems hostage" over unemployment, there was ample opportunity to address the tax cuts before that. I also hold Pelosi accountable for that.

Then there's things like the healthcare bill, which, if it's so great, why are so many waivers being handed out?

And then the Patriot Act. And to be honest, I don't really remember Obama addressing the Patriot Act during the campaign, so I'm not sure what his stance was on the Patriot Act, but I know many people did not like Bush pushing for the Patriot Act, yet, even after Bin Laden was killed, the Patriot Act was quietly extended.

And of course, then there's the climate issue. Anyway, I've been told that many politicians campaign on certain things to get elected. It doesn't necessarily mean they will follow through on them if they do get elected. But it's certainly been an eye opener for me. And to be fair, it's not just Obama. It's the way our politicians operate in general. Most of them cow tow to the special interests and big business and I don't feel like they can really represent the American people because of that. I'm not even sure what the answer is because regardless of who gets elected, they still have to deal with Congress and the Senate, and there's too many in office that are beholdened to the corps/special interest to get anything changed. But I would still vote for Gore in a heartbeat if he ran. ;)

As far as Gore supporting Obama, I'm not so sure he will come out strongly for him this time. But I don't think he'll be too vocal in his discontent with Obama either.
Send PMSend Email
Wayne in WA State
Posted: Jun 29 2011, 11:47 AM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

I'm not going to open up this can of worms today. In some ways you guys are lucky Gore isn't president now because then you would have to face the fact that no one can do more than it's possible to do. Our best has to be good enough, or else we are diving into a pit of negativity. As much as Gore cares about the climate issue, I don't think he could have gotten more through this Congress than Obama. But, if my friends here like to blame Obama for problems beyond his control, problems of Congress and corporations and people at large, hey, it's a free country, lament all you want.

:Y:
Send PMSend Email
Patsy
Posted: Jun 29 2011, 02:34 PM
Quote Post

GSC Patriot

Member No.: 122

After watching President Obama's press conference this morning, I understand that this man is doing everything that he can do to save this country. But when you are dealing with the House Speaker and Senate Minority leader that is unlike anything that the democrats and this President stands for. it is like running into a brick wall. The President showed this morning that he is tired of the "bull" coming from the right. He has almost backed them into the corner.
Send PMSend Email
oleblueraider
Posted: Jun 29 2011, 10:56 PM
Quote Post

GSC Patriot

TEX cuz its you

NO I HAVE NO INSIDE INFO TO SUGGEST THAT HE MIGHT RUN NONE NADA ZIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOWEVER I do STAY in touch with the "inner circle" I MEAN INNER !

for example
Al Gore sent my grandson a personal letter of congratulations about his ACT DUKE TIP Grand National champion status that NONE of the other $100,000 plus snobs got, but we keep it private and this place is pretty much private LOL?

Just a gut feeling that it would be the so called LAST chance cuz Obama is NOT going to get re-elected and has lost many voters! Too many!

If I find out something smelly I will let you know but they know that I would too so you would know about when I would know capish.
They know I am a leak etc? Can't keep a secret at all!

I do NOT think he will endorse anyone myself? No ONE at all!
Send PMSend Email
earthmother
Posted: Jun 30 2011, 10:10 AM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

Group: Co-Admin
Member No.: 209

Gore will not run against a sitting Democratic president. Not going to happen. But I do very much agree with what he said:

Yet President Obama has never presented to the American people the magnitude of the climate crisis. He has simply not made the case for action. He has not defended the science against the ongoing, withering and dishonest attacks. Nor has he provided a presidential venue for the scientific community including our own National Academy to bring the reality of the science before the public.

I also loved the dig he got in at Bush about Iraq.

Go, Gore! :good:
Send PMSend EmailMembers Website
oleblueraider
Posted: Jun 30 2011, 12:29 PM
Quote Post

GSC Patriot

HE WILL NOT OPPOSE A SITTING PRESIDENT PERIOD!

BUT he might run given a LBJ moment in history??

Because of the Internet factor he so badly wants to command his way!

And because his personal wealth is such that he can be beholding to no corn ethanol etc anymore!

I wish I really do because unless h-rod runs that ends me voting for anyone from either party! I will vote and not for a crazy tea party or stooge, but I may have to write in Al Gore and I will NOT Vote for any any any did I say any incumbent except Al Franken and God did not bless me to live in MN!

OH thanks to whoever for the spellchecker on the site now really helps me thanks :good:

This post has been edited by oleblueraider on Jun 30 2011, 12:30 PM
Send PMSend Email
earthmother
Posted: Jun 30 2011, 02:44 PM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

Group: Co-Admin
Member No.: 209

QUOTE (oleblueraider @ Jun 30 2011, 05:29 PM)
BUT he might run given a LBJ moment in history??

Exactly what are you referring to?
Send PMSend EmailMembers Website
Texan for Gore
Posted: Jun 30 2011, 07:13 PM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

Wayne, I wish I could share your optimism about the situation, but I'm not convinced that Obama has done his best. I'm not even sure he's on the same page as us average Americans. I give him credit for pressing republicans now on the debt issue and raising taxes for the rich, but I wonder how long that will last and whether it's more for political effect than anything else, as we are entering campaign season. It's like gas prices. Now all of a sudden, they're coming down. But I digress.

I just don't get why Obama didn't do something about the debt and eliminating tax cuts for the rich when he had majorities in both the House and Senate. But, you are my friend here and I'm going to try not to complain or lament about Obama too much. I can't promise it'll stay that way though. :rolleyes: I think maybe one reason why I've been so disappointed is because finally, the person I voted for won and was seated, but it seems he has strayed so much from what he campaigned on. I think that has just amplified the disappointment.

Anyway, I'm sure I've probably put Gore on a pedestal to a great extent. Perhaps he too wouldn't have accomplished things he has campaigned on. But I bet he would have fought tooth and nail for those things. After having listened to him in person, during his slide show presentation, I have no doubt about his sincerity and passion for the things he believes in. No one could convince me that his concern about the environment is not real. And I believe that's part of the reason why the election was stolen from him, because he wouldn't have been the type to go with the status quo.

I don't think I would have been disappointed in Gore unless he started backing away from the things he campaigned on. One of the very first things that caught my attention about Obama was when he started walking away from the public option. It was startling to see two videos of him speaking - the first video he was pursuing the public option, but in the second one, he was talking about how we really didn't need the public option to have a good insurance bill, as if he was trying to talk the American people out of it. I believe in between these two videos, he had met with the insurance companies. Anyway, I guess it's water under the bridge now, but he's retreated on various issues over the last two years like that and that's been a lot of the issues I've had with him.

I appreciate you listening, Wayne. I'm sure it gets old hearing the same stuff all the time. So like I said, I'll try to keep it to a minimum.
Send PMSend Email
Texan for Gore
Posted: Jun 30 2011, 07:32 PM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

I appreciate you sharing your insight, Blue, and thank you for that. Of course, I wouldn't expect you to disclose anything that shouldn't be disclosed. I agree with you that this would be the last possible time for Gore to run. 2016 would be too late, not that I think he would be that old, but he's already dedicated much of his life to public service. He should have that time to enjoy his life.

Anyway, you reminded me that I do have the option of writing Gore's name in. There is no one else running at this time that I would vote for or that I believe have the people's best interest at heart.

That is awesome that Gore sent your grandson a letter of congratulations. He is such a class act. Hope your grandson is doing well, btw.

I agree with EM though that Gore wouldn't challenge a sitting democrat. He'd have to be pretty pissed to do that and I can't see him doing anything to jeopardize it for dems. I can't even see him getting very vocal against Obama, even if he is dissatisfied with his inaction on the climate issue. But I bet he won't endorse either.

Now, what is this LBJ moment you speak of? You have my curiosity up.
Send PMSend Email
Patsy
Posted: Jun 30 2011, 08:22 PM
Quote Post

GSC Patriot

Member No.: 122

I congratulate President Obama for keeping us from going into the deep hole of no return. With GOP lawmakers that will do anything to make him fail, and he still has his head above the water, I'm impressed. There was so much wrong when he took office, and he had a lot that had to be done immediately. I think he has done well considering the shape that we were in. We may never know how bad it really was.
I am a Gore fan, but after the 2000 election, he will never run again.

This post has been edited by Patsy on Jun 30 2011, 08:23 PM
Send PMSend Email
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Al Gore Support Center News Alert Central | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Add ReplyCreate New Topic

Paid for and authorized by the Al Gore Support Center 2002-2005, Inc.
Please Read Our Disclaimer

A Stiles Design Creation 2005

Site Meter
Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive