Create a free forum in seconds.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Al Gore Support Center Online Forum 2008 :: A Reality Based Organization Fighting For Al Gore!. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4]  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

Vice Presidency 2012

Should Al Gore Run For Vice President with Barack Obama in 2012
Yes [ 7 ]  [63.64%]
No [ 4 ]  [36.36%]
Total Votes: 11
Guests cannot vote 
earthmother
Posted on Feb 15 2012, 10:34 PM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

Group: Co-Admin
Member No.: 209

QUOTE (Wayne in WA State @ Feb 15 2012, 06:34 AM)
If Gore doesn't run in 2016 then I at least want someone who Al strongly endorses.

You're not suggesting that you think he might, are you Wayne?
Send PMSend EmailMembers Website
Wayne in WA State
Posted on Feb 16 2012, 01:26 AM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 1466

QUOTE (earthmother @ Feb 15 2012, 07:34 PM)
QUOTE (Wayne in WA State @ Feb 15 2012, 06:34 AM)
If Gore doesn't run in 2016 then I at least want someone who Al strongly endorses.

You're not suggesting that you think he might, are you Wayne?

I don't think Al expects to run but you never know, stranger things have happened. Hell, in my home stranger things happen about every week.
:alien:
Send PMSend Email
earthmother
Posted on Feb 16 2012, 11:37 AM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

QUOTE (Wayne in WA State @ Feb 16 2012, 06:26 AM)
Hell, in my home stranger things happen about every week.

:lol:
hangingchad
Posted on Feb 16 2012, 03:14 PM
Quote Post

Gore aficionado since 1988

Group: Members
Member No.: 232

Dudes, Obama is not going to replace Biden as VP. Biden is going to be on the ticket.
Send PM
Wayne in WA State
Posted on Feb 17 2012, 01:18 PM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

QUOTE (hangingchad @ Feb 16 2012, 12:14 PM)
Dudes, Obama is not going to replace Biden as VP. Biden is going to be on the ticket.

Almost certainly that's true. What I'm not sure about is if Joe Biden intends to run for president in 2016. I'd say there's about a 30 percent chance he will.
Send PMSend Email
earthmother
Posted on Feb 17 2012, 02:03 PM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

I haven't heard anything about the possibility of Biden running.
Wayne in WA State
Posted on Feb 17 2012, 04:20 PM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

He only focusing on 2012 obviously, but when asked about 2016 he's not ruling it out.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10...-for-president/
Send PMSend Email
earthmother
Posted on Feb 18 2012, 02:48 PM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

Personally, I hope Biden doesn't run in 2016. I like the guy all right, but I think we need someone new. I'm really liking the idea of an Elizabeth Warren candidacy . . .
ReElectAlGore2016
Posted on Feb 19 2012, 04:27 AM
Quote Post

GSC Patriot

Member No.: 455

assuming 2012 is a landslide victory, (and nothing indicates anything to say it won't be and there are no republican surprises like a brockered convention,
once again, it shows how fragile the voting system is (looking at the republican primaries).

results appeared to be totally wrong in Iowa and New Hampshire and Maine
and who knows where else.

Complete major areas of states are not being counted

Justice department should look into it, while it is a democrat justice department head.

And the num-nuts (to quote Chris Christie, like Chris Christie himself on the gay marriage issue. You gotta figure he wants to be president, but has no long term
looking ahead, does he?
He is so beholden on pleasing the tea party (which has proven themselves to be no power, no party and totally repudiated) for 2016???
I would think the republicans would want to create candidates in the center and
attempt to win some bloc of voters, but they don't.

It is so funny watching them compete for what is just 20% of the population and shrinking.

by 2016 and 2018, one thinks gay marriage will be throughout the USA, the way the population and polls show it moving so fast the last few years. It is a civil right, and civil rights are national issues, not states.

And if the election is an Obama landslide, then add up all the billions wasted by the Koch brothers and the two or three other big money men Newt and Sanitorium
big guns are wasting.
It's like the one constant of rightwing radio/media(Rush limbaugh-and the boys)-
they are NEVER correct in their candidates and causes.

Clearest way not to need big money is to show its a waste of money.

I like Elizabeth Warren- but first I want her to win her race, and its no sure thing.
I do not believe she would be a viable candidate if she is not a winning senator.
and any talk of her going further and the people of Mass may wonder if they should vote for someone just wanting a seat for a few years.
Also, Elizabeth has it harder than other candidates- because she is running on changing the system. That means she cannot be stealth like for two years after winning- it means she has to achieve some part of her goals.
While one can use our President as an example in the experience area, to most of the nation and the democrat party itself, he was not known, which helped during the 2008 race.
Most democrats and probably 90% of all liberals know Elizabeth Warren.
So she won't be able to not do anything for two years, to then spend the next two years running for president after not doing anything.
People want to see big things.

It is why I could see her more as Hillary's VP in an historic woman/woman ticket

I don't think Biden is going to find he has any popularity to run his own campaign.
Sometimes I think of Jay Leno's "Jaywalking" skits, and wonder how many people
could even name him if shown a picture.

I do think a woman will be the next President, and the Democrats are very lucky
that there are NO qualified (nut jobs not included in this statement as they are not qualified) high tiered republican women for 2016.
(sorry Sarah, Christie O'D, Michelle Bachmann, etc.)

I still think the republican nominee in 2016 is Jeb's to lose.(as the only "sane"(his team will say it) republican who's team has gotten them 18 years in the white house as president and 26 years on the seated tickets

So the democratic nominee gotta be strong enough to soundly defeat him.
Send PM
Patsy
Posted on Feb 19 2012, 11:56 AM
Quote Post

GSC Patriot

Member No.: 122

VP Biden is doing a good job where he is, but by 2016, we will have to have a strong, smart and a new face that will appeal to both young and old as President Obama did in 2008. Since, we elected a black man in 2008, mabye the country would be open for a female. Elizabaeth Warren would be perfect if she can win in MA.

This post has been edited by Patsy on Feb 19 2012, 11:59 AM
Send PMSend Email
Wayne in WA State
Posted on Feb 19 2012, 12:21 PM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

Elizabeth Warren could be a contender. We'll have to see is she wins her senate race (I think so) and how she does as a senator. Until 2013 we are way ahead of ourselves in speculating. It might be time for a female leader. Or, with an aging population, maybe an older candidate in good shape is a possibility too.

:?:
Send PMSend Email
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Al Gore and the 2008 Election Talk | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4]  Add ReplyCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

Paid for and authorized by the Al Gore Support Center 2002-2005, Inc.
Please Read Our Disclaimer

A Stiles Design Creation 2005

Site Meter
Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive