InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Al Gore Support Center Online Forum 2008 :: A Reality Based Organization Fighting For Al Gore!. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Forum Rules GSC News Alert Central Forum Rules

Numerous people use the GSC News Alert forum as their primary source for Gore news. Please do not "dilute" the forum by starting threads that are not news and/or related to Al Gore.

Please be aware of the following restrictions when posting in GSC News Alert forum:

Be aware that we delete discussion threads from the GSC News Alert forum that do not fulfill these requirements. We may move them to a proper area if we see need to or if this is a first offense. We will not send you a message explaining where your post went. Thank you for your understanding. We hope that you find the news area here helpful and insightful!

Pages: (8) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Topic ClosedCreate New Topic

Al & Tipper Gore Separating After 40 Years
Texan for Gore
Posted: Jun 2 2010, 04:52 PM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 2253

QUOTE (Patsy @ Jun 2 2010, 02:58 PM)
Why blame Al, it may be something else in the marriage. It takes two to make a marriage and it takes two to break one.

I'm not sure who you're asking this to, Patsy, but just speaking for myself, I don't blame Al at all and I totally agree with you that it takes two to make a marriage. As I said before, both Al and Tipper are a class act. It's just one of those sad things that happen, for whatever the reason might be. But when one hears news like this, sometimes they can't but wonder what happened. It certainly doesn't make me think less of either one of them.
Send PMSend Email
hangingchad
Posted: Jun 2 2010, 06:41 PM
Quote Post

Gore aficionado since 1988

Group: Members
Member No.: 232

QUOTE (oleblue)
But the handwriting is on the wall on Climate Change ya know? Used to be just a year ago that almost all of England was on his side and now it is only 40 percent that think it may be true and the majority that is growing no longer believes it.

Perhaps (another specualtion shot)---he knows it has peaked again and downhill from here and time to cash in on the----what did Tipper say once---I went to bed with a reformed poltician and woke up with a movie star and it was great!

oleblue, climate change as an issue has, tragically, NOT peaked! To paraphrase a classic line from "Seinfeld": "It's real and it's spectacular." Now, true, for the moment, the radcons do seem to have gained some momentum in their whole earth-is-flat, denial of climate change propaganda campaign, but that is not going to last. No one still actually says that the earth is flat, and soon enough even Rush Limbaugh will have to sport an "I believe you now, Al" tee.

We have not changed our evil ways (witness: BP), so nothing has changed or turned the tide of our destruction enough to have made climate change go away and be deniable. Would that it were!

This post has been edited by hangingchad on Jun 2 2010, 06:42 PM
Send PM
ReElectAlGore2016
Posted: Jun 2 2010, 06:55 PM
Quote Post

GSC Patriot

Member No.: 455

one thing we all know

Al Gore wouldn't have picked Roberts and Alito

anyone who said Gore and Bush were the same, anyone who says
Obama and Bush are the same, anyone who says Jeb and Obama are the same

just say

SUPREME COURT

now back to the Yenta's. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Send PM
hangingchad
  Posted: Jun 2 2010, 08:12 PM
Quote Post

Oleblue, {hug}, no I didn't see any personal attack there at all, no worries! In fact, thanks for clarifying that you know climate change is all too real, you were just saying it unfortunately is no longer the "it girl", issue-wise. It, for the moment, has lost momentum because people are dumb enough to think one frigid winter disproved "global warming", nevermind that it is really global climate change and extremes in all directions of weather are a predicted part of it, or that one cold winter could just be one cold winter due to El Nino, etc. No, the deniers see one snowflake and declare climate change a non starter. Again, would that it were!

I so agree with you about Obama and climate change. He has done a few meaningful things on it BUT the so-called climate legislation is so full of nuclear and "clean coal" that I can't even get wholeheartedly behind it. We've had health care reform that isn't and now they are pushing for climate legislation that has twin darlings of nukes and coal. They really don't know how to sweep this girl off her feet. If only Gore--omg. ...wait a
minute. Wait a minute, Mr. Postman. OMG!

O. M. G.

Now you've got me coming up with grassy knoll conspiracy theories! What if... Just what IF ...nooo, no way. I don't think so, so I won't even say it "out loud". What am I talking about, YES I WILL: what if our boy is planning to do something big--BIG, I tells ya!!!--on climate change, and all this is some sort of clearing the decks/manning the battle stations/readying the WHATEVER(S), so that Gore can...you fill in the blank, but SOMETHING! Something so big that Tipper had to get out of the way before the tidal wave comes.

What am I talking about? I haven't a clue, as usual, according to some, but now you have got me thinking outside the press release box and wondering if something POLITICALLY big could be going on. What if it isn't oleblue's bimbo thought? What if it is Al is planning to, like, DO SOMETHING POLITICAL. Like in 2016! omg. Like something that maybe Tipper said, sorry, love of my life, but I can't go through that lot again!

Oh, Lord, Oleblue. Now I'm right there off the deep end with you. No, forget deep end. I'm out to frickin' SEA, baby!!! Omg omg omg omg OMG! Why do I have to be thinking what I'm thinking right now? I've got Gorista Dengue Fever again! Just when I thought I was FINALLY over it. It's baaaaa-ack. Oh, help me.

If Al does do the certain something I'm suddenly thinking of, I will be doing back flips...which won't be pretty with my bad back but...omg, gotta go. The Crazy Express is here to pick me up.

This post has been edited by hangingchad on Jun 2 2010, 08:34 PM
Send PM
hangingchad
  Posted: Jun 2 2010, 08:43 PM
Quote Post

You are right: I think I'm the first one in cyberspace to be crazy enough to come up with that theory, as I just did a quick Googling for it aaaaaaaaaand: NADA.

Duuides. Either I'm crazy, or I'm RIGHT.

Earthmother! The Dengue Fever has got me again. Run! Save yourself! I know you can't go through it again. As for me, I can. Oh, I can. I want to.

Please let this be happening, please let this be happening. Let my crazy theory be real, don't let it be the fever talking.

Could it be?!
Send PM
hangingchad
Posted: Jun 2 2010, 08:48 PM
Quote Post

P.S. Not only did I come up with that crazy theory, also
everything I've typed tonight* has been with my thumbs on this dratted iPhone again. Be impressed. Be VERY impressed.

I amaze. myself.

Uh oh, something happening in da hood. Gotta go defend my hearth and home but...wow, could it be? Something to live for, far-fetched though it utterly seems?

* edited to add: and since February, for that matter. Typed solely with my thumbs! If that is possible than surely my crazy theory is possible, oh what the heck, I'm going to dare to say it out loud, so to speak. Here goes. I'll say it quietly so as not to throw anyone into shock:

Oh, the Gorista Fever is really taking me over now. Hope
springs eternal in the heart of every Gorista's heart.

Are the odds against him? Yes. But, odds, schmodds: let's do this thaaang!

This post has been edited by hangingchad on Jun 2 2010, 09:00 PM
Send PM
earthmother
Posted: Jun 2 2010, 09:22 PM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

Group: Co-Admin
Member No.: 209

QUOTE (hangingchad @ Jun 3 2010, 01:48 AM)
Here goes. I'll say it quietly so as not to throw anyone into shock:

Without Tipper (or some other wife), Al ain't goin' nowhere in 2016. In fact, their separation, if it becomes permanent, pretty well finally convinced me that the dream (if there was even one to hold onto) was totally over. No person will get elected to the White House without a spouse. Not yet, anyway. Hey, we got an African American. Next, who knows, maybe a woman. But a single person? Uh uh.
Send PMSend EmailMembers Website
hangingchad
Posted: Jun 2 2010, 10:14 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (earthmother @ Jun 2 2010, 09:22 PM)
QUOTE (hangingchad @ Jun 3 2010, 01:48 AM)
Here goes. I'll say it quietly so as not to throw anyone into shock:

Without Tipper (or some other wife), Al ain't goin' nowhere in 2016. In fact, their separation, if it becomes permanent, pretty well finally convinced me that the dream (if there was even one to hold onto) was totally over. No person will get elected to the White House without a spouse. Not yet, anyway. Hey, we got an African American. Next, who knows, maybe a woman. But a single person? Uh uh.

Well, as a single person myself, I can certainly confirm that we face overwhelming yet rarely-acknowledged-by-our-culture prejudice and discrimation each and every day of our lives. Don't get me started.

But what of this scenario: Al tells Tipper he wants to run in 2016. He's agonized over it and doesn't want to leave the party but he feels nothing short of a moral imperative to run, due to climate change. Tipper says, Al, I love you forever but I cannot go through that again or watch you go through it. It's run in 2016 or stay married, your choice. Al says, gotta do it. Al and Tipper mutually decide therefore that they should split now to give the country time to get used to the idea, and so that it will be old news by campaign time. Besides, he won't be looked at as a
single man, he'll be looked at as Al Gore, the brand. Used to be married but it broke up. Heck, it's only 2010. Not to be crass about it, but there is plenty of time, in "political time" (the opposite of "dog years"--every seven minutes is like a year), for America to get used to the divorce, Al to remarry, and he and the new wife move into 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sad for Al and Tipper, but all is eclipsed
by the thought of if this is possibly possible about Al even thinking of running. I mean, oleblue and apparently Cokie R. and others have a point that this doesn't seem to add up somehow. Maybe it really is all about him thinking of running and her saying oh NO, count me out.

Fever! :lol:

...Is this like before the Convention when some of us convinced ourselves that somehow there would be a deadlock and Gore would unify the party and save the day by accepting the top spot, even though HE WASNT EVEN RUNNING?

Don't answer that. Don't give me any anti-febrile meds, either. I love my fever! It's mine and you can't have it! Everybody back away from the Gorista! Leave me alone to refer to myself in the third person and keep hope alive!

This post has been edited by hangingchad on Jun 2 2010, 10:21 PM
Send PM
Texan for Gore
  Posted: Jun 2 2010, 10:58 PM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

Chad, I hate to be a bubble burster here ( :rolleyes: ), but I just don't see that 2016 scenario "happenin'" - as much as I would absolutely love to have that to get excited about. I'm sure that will come as a surprise to some, seeing as how some of us got all "delusional" ( :lol: ) the last election cycle. But I think I've finally traded in delusional for realistic - at least in this scenario.

Now I'm not one to rain on anybody's parade. So don't mind me. Keep those positive vibes going. As they say - never say never. But I'm afraid this time we'll really have to say never.

Now I don't think a divorce would keep Al out of the political arena. This is 2010 after all. But I get the feeling Gore thinks his ship has probably sailed on that one - but I am open to the possibility should he change his mind. :clap: But from his lips to my ears, I say. I gotta hear it outta his mouth before I believe it. Heck, even if I just heard him say "I'm not ruling it out," I think I could be persuaded in to believing it! Lordy, what are you trying to do??? :!:
Send PMSend Email
Wayne in WA State
Posted: Jun 3 2010, 01:13 AM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

Member No.: 1466

I am still perplexed and don't know what to make of this. Maybe we should just take it at face value. Maybe there is no other person involved. I sure don't know. But I would imagine it is a hell of a lot of pressure for them to have to live up to everyone else's expectations. We have these expectations that our heroes should have this dream relationship that lasts forever. It could be there's nothing wrong with them. It could be there's something wrong with us for expecting them to be these perfect role models for us.

As long as we are engaging in wild speculation.. Maybe Tipper has problems we don't know about. She has struggled with depression and possibly prescription meds. Perhaps she somehow feels she's just not up to being Al's wife right now. Perhaps Al thinks she needs help and separation may be necessary to get her to seek treatment. Most likely that's way off base but who the hell here knows? The best result here from my view as a Gorista would be for Al and Tipper to reconcile and end the separation. I'm going to hold out hope for that as long as I can, not for political reasons, but because I just like them and want to see them happy and together again.

This sure isn't the way we wanted to see Al Gore's name in the news again. But it seems it has given the public a way to think about Al and Tipper apart from all the partisan combat. The right wingers who hate Al for winning in 2000 and for telling the truth about global warming have surprised me a bit by not piling on and attacking the Gore's this time as much as I might expect. I'm all for pleasant surprises.

:?:
Send PMSend Email
hangingchad
  Posted: Jun 3 2010, 07:48 AM
Quote Post

2016!
Send PM
earthmother
Posted: Jun 3 2010, 11:05 AM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

QUOTE (oleblueraider @ Jun 3 2010, 03:01 AM)
Have vistor hits here shot up EM?

The biggest number I saw was 43 guests two nights ago, so yes, the visitor hits did swell with this news, but we're back down to just a few guests at any given time again.
earthmother
Posted: Jun 3 2010, 11:23 AM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

And Chad, as much as I'd love to think it were so, your scenario for 2016 just doesn't make sense to me. Tipper is on record as having said she'd support Al in running again in 2004 and/or 2008 (I can't remember now if it was one or both, or which one :wacko:). And granted, maybe she's saying to herself, "Ugh, 2016. We'll be pushing 70 by then. I can't deal with that." But I don't think so. The image was always one of her sticking by Al through thick and thin, and while that might have been the public persona as opposed to what was really going on, we can only speculate about that. But I can't see Al making the decision now that he'd run five or six years down the line. Obama's not that popular. Why not just take him on in 2012, while he's younger, for one thing, but also to save the planet from another four years of destruction? Also, wouldn't he start making noise now about how the current administration isn't doing enough to address the crisis? Copenhagen was an embarrassment, and Al's had loads of opportunities to express his disgruntlement with the lack of action by this administration. That would put him in the public eye again and begin to spin the machine that would help launch him into a good position in 2012 if he really was interested. Nope. I just don't see it. Sorry!
Texan for Gore
Posted: Jun 3 2010, 11:44 AM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

I'd be open to the 2012 scenario. :clap: The sooner, the better. ;)

But like you, EM. I just don't see it happening. For one thing, he hasn't expressed much disappointment in the Obama administration at this point. If he was even entertaining that idea, I think we would have heard some noise by now. And I really can't imagine him turning on Obama like that. He may not be all that pleased with the progress on climate change legislation, but he probably knows as well as anybody the difficulty in getting things passed. So yeah, I'm with you on this one, although I would love to see it happen. :rolleyes:
Send PMSend Email
Texan for Gore
Posted: Jun 3 2010, 11:45 AM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

QUOTE (earthmother @ Jun 3 2010, 10:05 AM)
QUOTE (oleblueraider @ Jun 3 2010, 03:01 AM)
Have vistor hits here shot up EM?

The biggest number I saw was 43 guests two nights ago, so yes, the visitor hits did swell with this news, but we're back down to just a few guests at any given time again.

At one point, I saw as many as about 55 online.
Send PMSend Email
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Al Gore Support Center News Alert Central | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (8) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last » Topic ClosedCreate New Topic

Paid for and authorized by the Al Gore Support Center 2002-2005, Inc.
Please Read Our Disclaimer

A Stiles Design Creation 2005

Site Meter
Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive