zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Al Gore Support Center Online Forum 2008 :: A Reality Based Organization Fighting For Al Gore!. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Add ReplyCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

Jeb Bush: I used to be a conservative
Texan for Gore
Posted: Feb 24 2012, 02:41 PM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 2253

Does this look fishy or what? I would not put it past Jeb Bush to try to get into the race late and look like the savior of the republican party, or even do the brokered convention scenario. I would also guess that all or most of the republican candidates thus far have painted themselves as extremes to make Jeb look great.

If this turns out to be the case, I think it's very underhanded on his part and an attempt to have avoided the dirt digging/mudslinging on him during a primary campaign. <_<

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002346095
Send PMSend Email
ReElectAlGore2016
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 12:40 PM
Quote Post

GSC Patriot

Group: Members
Member No.: 455

QUOTE (Texan for Gore @ Feb 24 2012, 02:41 PM)
Does this look fishy or what? I would not put it past Jeb Bush to try to get into the race late and look like the savior of the republican party, or even do the brokered convention scenario. I would also guess that all or most of the republican candidates thus far have painted themselves as extremes to make Jeb look great.

If this turns out to be the case, I think it's very underhanded on his part and an attempt to have avoided the dirt digging/mudslinging on him during a primary campaign. <_<

ah, you should really give a credit for what you just said, where credit is due here
tex4gore
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
(that being ©g4a 2004-2011)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :tongue: :tongue: :lol: :lol:

only been that guy's mantra for 8 years now

(also ©reelectalgore2004,or 2008,or 2012, or 2016 ©2002-2011 and beyond)

beware of Jeb
America is stupid.
the media is even stupider(sic)
Send PM
ALGOREismylife
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 01:11 PM
Quote Post

Super Moderator
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 386

I noticed evil Jebby has been opening his big mouth lately. Remember this ??? Just put Jeb Bush's name in place of Palin's.

(Posted Image)

Send PMSend EmailContact YIM
Texan for Gore
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 01:26 PM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

QUOTE (ReElectAlGore2016 @ Feb 25 2012, 11:40 AM)
QUOTE (Texan for Gore @ Feb 24 2012, 02:41 PM)
Does this look fishy or what?  I would not put it past Jeb Bush to try to get into the race late and look like the savior of the republican party, or even do the brokered convention scenario.  I would also guess that all or most of the republican candidates thus far have painted themselves as extremes to make Jeb look great.

If this turns out to be the case, I think it's very underhanded on his part and an attempt to have avoided the dirt digging/mudslinging on him during a primary campaign.   <_<

ah, you should really give a credit for what you just said, where credit is due here
tex4gore
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
(that being ©g4a 2004-2011)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :tongue: :tongue: :lol: :lol:

only been that guy's mantra for 8 years now

(also ©reelectalgore2004,or 2008,or 2012, or 2016 ©2002-2011 and beyond)

beware of Jeb
America is stupid.
the media is even stupider(sic)

Okay Clay, if it makes you feel better, I'll give you credit. :D

Damn, I can't find the copyright symbol on my computer. Oh well. Yes, I acknowledge that you have been saying this for a good while now. I just wish I could be optimistic about politics as a whole.
Send PMSend Email
Texan for Gore
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 01:31 PM
Quote Post

GSC Enforcer
Group Icon

QUOTE (ALGOREismylife @ Feb 25 2012, 12:11 PM)
I noticed evil Jebby has been opening his big mouth lately.  Remember this ??? Just put Jeb Bush's name in place of Palin's.

(Posted Image)

I agree, AGIML. And if Jeb does get in at the last minute like this, I will really be pissed. As someone who was instrumental in helping his dumbo brother steal the election, he has no place in this election, as far as I'm concerned. :spikey:
Send PMSend Email
ALGOREismylife
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 01:44 PM
Quote Post

Super Moderator
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 386

Let's hope he doesn't run. What a disaster waiting to happen if he does. I can't take another RIGGED election. Just go away Jeb. :angry: :angry:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/feb/2...n?newsfeed=true

Jeb Bush eyed as latest 'white knight' candidate in GOP presidential raceFormer Florida governor was critical of current field in a speech this week, prompting rumours he could be a surprise contender

Paul Harris in New York
guardian.co.uk, Friday 24 February 2012 10.54 EST

Speculation that a late challenger might still emerge in the increasingly bitter race for the Republican presidential nomination is set to surge after former Florida governor Jeb Bush made remarks criticising the current field.

Bush, who is the brother of President George W Bush and son of President George Bush Sr, is a beloved figure among many conservatives who see him as a strong and charismatic leader who is popular in the must-win swing state of Florida.

That contrasts with a widespread unease among many Republican leaders and grassroots activists with the remaining crop of Republican candidates and the vitriolic nature of the fight between frontrunner Mitt Romney and his main challengers Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich.

In answers to questions from the audience after a speech in Dallas on Thursday, Bush cautioned the remaining Republican campaigns from drifting so far to the right that they put off the key independent voters needed to beat President Barack Obama in November.

"I think it's important for the candidates to recognise though they have to appeal to primary voters, and not turn off independent voters that will be part of a winning coalition," Bush told the audience according to CBS news.

Bush also directly took on the strident tone of recent Republican debates, accusing participants of scare-mongering. "I used to be a conservative and I watch these debates and I'm wondering, I don't think I've changed, but it's a little troubling sometimes when people are appealing to people's fears and emotion rather than trying to get them to look over the horizon for a broader perspective and that's kind of where we are," he said according to Fox News.

With Mitt Romney failing so far to secure the nomination but with no convincing challenger emerging to unseat him, many Republican pundits have speculated about the possibility that none of the current field will be able to amass enough support to secure the nomination this August in Tampa.

Though that is still unlikely, and Romney remains favourite to win the contest, it has led to a slew of names being mentioned as possible "white knights" who could still enter the race or emerge at Tampa as a compromise candidate to unite a splintered party. They include Bush, New Jersey governor Chris Christie, Indiana governor Mitch Daniels and Wisconsin congressman Paul Ryan.

Though none of these figures have expressed any intention to run, and several have repeatedly denied it, Bush's comments are likely to set the rumour mill spinning furiously.

They also come after Tea Party favourite Sarah Palin entered the fray, raising the idea that she might see herself as her party's saviour. In recent interviews the former Alaska governor has said she would "help" out the party if a contested convention happened and told CNN earlier this month that she believed such an event would be a good thing. "I don't think it would be a negative for the party … That's part of the competition, that's part of the process and it may happen," she said.

Ron Paul's campaign has also complicated matters. Though the libertarian-leaning Texan congressman has not yet won a single state's popular ballot, he is trying to build up a large number of delegates to take to Tampa. In caucus states, where complex rules mean the number of delegates assigned to a candidate can outweigh their score in the popular vote, Ron Paul's campaign is working hard to win as much support as possible. That could see him amass a body of delegates in Tampa that far exceeds his standings in the polls and makes a contested convention, with no one having enough support to secure victory, more likely.
Send PMSend EmailContact YIM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | General Republican Talk | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options Add ReplyCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

Paid for and authorized by the © Al Gore Support Center 2002-2005, Inc.
Please Read Our Disclaimer

A Stiles Design Creation © 2005

Site Meter
Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive