Ahmadi Muslim Circle -> Qur'ân: What to do if messengers come?
Ahmad

In The Name Of Allah, Most Gracious, Ever Merciful.

“I Will Cause Thy Message to Reach the Corners of the Earth” (revelation to the Promised Messiah a.s.)

Ahmadi Muslim Circle (AMC)

There Is None Worthy Of Worship Save Allah. Muhammad (saw) Is The Messenger Of Allah.

Alislam   Real Islam   Real Islam Audio/Video Library   AMC Rules   Suggestions & Complaints   About AMC   Contact Us   !!..Register with AMC..!!

zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Ahmadi Muslim Circle. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Qur'ân: What to do if messengers come?
Islamicologician
Posted: Jan 14 2007, 05:10 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

Salâm,

Firstly, I emphasise that I'm not a scholar. I don't claim to represent the official views of Jamaat Ahmadiyya or any other Jamaat. I would encourage all seekers after truth to talk to an Ahmadi scholar for true insight into the beauty of Islâm.

These are only my own personal thoughts, but I do try to present my evidence from the Qur'ân with full references.

Allâh (swt) says: "O children of Adam! If messengers come to you from among yourselves, reciting My signs unto you, then whoever will fear God and do good deeds, on them no fear, nor will they grieve" [Qur'ân 7.36]

This verse is in the Arabic present tense, and this verse was revealed to Prophet Muhammad (saw), so that he should deliver it to the children of Adam (ie the whole of humanity). In this verse, Allâh (swt) is telling the whole of humanity, at the time of Prophet Muhammad (saw), that if messengers come to them, then they should fear God and do good deeds.

Wassalâm,
Moosa
Ahad
Posted: Apr 13 2007, 10:17 PM

the majestic one and only

Member No.: 117

salam.gif
I thought this verse refers to the followers of Islam only, (e.g. prophets after the Holy Prophet s.a.w.)
Because the way I know it, is that Hadhrat Adam is the first prophet, but not the first human (e.g. if there is a king and he doesn't have a kingdom, what would be the point to be called a king), hence he is the first prophet amongst humans.
So how can this verse refer to whole humankind?

I thought the verses which refers to whole humankind are:

Surely, the true religion with Allah is Islam. And those who were given the Book did not disagree but, after knowledge had come to them, out of mutual envy. And whoso denies the Signs of Allah, then surely, Allah is quick at reckoning. [Chapter : 3 (Al-`Imran) Verse : 20]

and

Chapter : 5 (Al-Ma'idah) Verse : 4 [Short Commentary]

Forbidden to you is the flesh of an animal which dies of itself, and blood and the flesh of swine; and that on which is invoked the name of any other than Allah; and that which has been strangled; and that which has been beaten to death; and that which has been killed by a fall and that which has been gored to death; and that of which a wild animal has eaten, except that which you have properly slaughtered; and that which has been slaughtered at an altar as an offering to idols. And forbidden is also this that you seek to know your lot by the divining arrows. That is an act of disobedience. This day have those who disbelieve despaired of harming your religion. So fear them not, but fear ME. This day have I perfected your religion for you and completed My favour upon you and have chosen for you Islam as religion. But whoso is forced by hunger, without being wilfully inclined to sin, then, surely, Allah is Most Forgiving, and is Merciful.
[Chapter : 5 (Al-Ma'idah) Verse : 4]

Moosa sb. could you explain your reasoning?

ws.gif

This post has been edited by Ahad on Apr 13 2007, 10:18 PM

--------------------
Narrated Uthman bin Affan:
The Prophet said, "The most superior among you (Muslims) are those who learn the Qur'an and teach it."
Volume 6, Book 61, Number 545: Bukhari
Islamicologician
Posted: Apr 14 2007, 01:33 AM

Member No.: 15

Salam.

This verse is talking to "bani Aadama" (the Children of Adam). "Bani Aadama" means everybody, not only Muslims. When the Holy Qur'an speaks to only Muslims, it says "Muslimeen" or "Mu'mineen".

Wassalam,
Moosa
Ahad
Posted: Apr 14 2007, 12:17 PM

the majestic one and only

Member No.: 117

salam.gif

Shukran Jazilan smile.gif

ws.gif

--------------------
Narrated Uthman bin Affan:
The Prophet said, "The most superior among you (Muslims) are those who learn the Qur'an and teach it."
Volume 6, Book 61, Number 545: Bukhari
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Possibility of Prophethood in Islam | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

New Page 1

Related Websites about the Worldwide Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama'at

The Persecution   Ask Islam   Fadhl-i-'Umar Foundation   Jalsa Salana   Muslim Television Ahmadiyya   The Tahir Foundation   Fazl-e-Omar Hospital   Qadiani   Tomb of Jesus

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0347 seconds · Archive
Disclaimer: The views expressed here may not represent the official views of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community. The official views of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community are the teachings of Islam, the Promised Messiah (as) and the Caliph of the time. Official website of Ahmadiyya Muslim Community is located at www.alislam.org

(c) September 1, 2004 - 2007 AMC